Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 24th September 2005, 14:49

slodder is on a distinguished road
Engine starter research

I am researching a Luftwaffe engine starter and am having trouble finding anything on this devise.
I'm looking for books, websites etc that can tell me about these carts used to help start plane engines.

Thanks
Old 3rd October 2005, 17:52

schwarze-man is on a distinguished road
Re: Engine starter research

Hi! Standard requirement for electric-inertia starter is 24volt DC. For info, 109 only had manual-inertia starter, so a batterycart was not normally used (but could be if aircraft battery flat for start)
HTH, SM