Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Reviews > Books and Magazines

Books and Magazines Please use this forum to review or discuss books and magazines.

Old 13th April 2005, 21:56

spanienflieger is on a distinguished road
Italian Air Force book

I am thinking about purchasing a copy of Giuseppe Valle's book "Uomini nei cieli - Storia dell'Aeronautica Italiana".

There are two editions of the book, 1958 and 1981. The later is cheaper (30 Euro instead of 50) and has a lot more pages, so I suppose that it covers also the 1958-1981 era. I am interested only in the Italian Air Force intervention in the Spanish Civil war, so I would like to know if that part is the same in both editions.

Thanks in advance
Old 22nd April 2005, 23:10

Ludovico Slongo is on a distinguished road
Re: Italian Air Force book

dear Spanienflieger,

I'm Italian aviation enthusiast, particularly intersted in the operations of Regia Aeronautica in the early part of W.W. II.
I posses copy of "Uomini nei cieli" in its 1981 edition (and of many other books about Regia Aeronautica if you need other information).
I'm not an expert of Spanish civil war operations but I have to tell You that in my opinion this book is not at all a good source for this topic.
The part it devoted to Spanish civil war is only a mere eleven pages from 277 to 287, four of them of photos (not connected with this topic) out of the 666 pages of the book. The information in the seven remaining pages are really poor and devoid of any form of detail.
However if You are interested You can probably still buy the book (new) for 16 € plus P&P by the Italian bookseller Tuttostoria, www.tuttostoria.it.
Kind Regards
Ludovico
Old 24th April 2005, 20:10

spanienflieger is on a distinguished road
To Ludovico

Thank you very much for your help. Valle's book is cited in almost every source about Italian intervention in the Spanish Civil War, so I thought it should be a useful book.

Perhaps the older edition is more detailed in this topic.

Best regards
Old 8th January 2006, 17:29

Belgianboy is on a distinguished road

If you read French, there is an upcoming two volumes book on the Italian Air Force during the Spanish Civil war.

Willy
Old 8th January 2006, 21:20

Ludovico Slongo is on a distinguished road

That's really interesting, could you give more details such as. author, editor or possible date of release ?

Ludovico.
Old 12th January 2006, 08:09

Many Souffan is on a distinguished road

Hello Ludovico

Please send an email to airmagazine@wanadoo.fr and I will give you all infos about our future books about l'Aviazione legionaria.

Best regards

(33) 661 406 013

many.souffan@gmail.com