Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 4th February 2005, 21:12
Alter Hase

Larry Hickey
Status of JFV Vol 9 from the team of Dr. Prien

As announced yesterday by Ruy, Volume 8/II of the JFV series is now out. Jochen Prien has just provided me an update on the status of Vol 9, which, with his permission, I'm passing along to the readers of this board.

"As things are right now, Vol. 9 will have to be broken up into three parts, the sheer mass of victory lists bursting the usual frame. 9/I, which is ready, will deal with the Winterwar 1941 /42 up to April 30th, 1942, whereas 9/II and III will center around the summer offensive 1942 until the defeat at Stalingrad on February 3rd, 1943. As a sort of Appendix in part III we will have to cover JG 5 in Northern Norway and Finland, which had no real connection to the fighting along the rest of the Eastern Front. So far I have finished JG's 3, 51, 52, I./53 and 77 with JG's 54 and 5 still to be dealt with."

I know that many of you eagerly anticipate the publication of these volumes and I thought you would like to know how the next section is shaping up.
Old 7th February 2005, 19:03
Alter Hase

Jim P. will become famous soon enough
I had kinda wondered how he was going to fill in all the claims thru the end of 42 into 'just' 2 volumes and still have room for lots of nice new pictures -- check the numbers of these in the original JG 3, 53 & 77 volumes, and at least double it with 51, 52 and 54 - yowza!!
Old 7th February 2005, 22:20
Super Moderator

John Beaman is an unknown quantity at this point
I hope everyone has been saving their dollars and Euros!

Unfortunately for us Americans, the Euro continues to climb against the dollar. Can we get some reverse Lend-Lease or aid?