Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 15th September 2017, 17:09

Tim O. is on a distinguished road
Re: Elusive Kampfgeschwader 2 Signature

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Goss View Post
According to an old contact from 1./KG 2 who was shot down in March 1943, Hans Reiss took over 3 Staffel from Rolf Hausner who had moved to 7 Staffel?
Hi Chris

According to Balke, Hauser moved to 7 Staffel from Stab III. Gruppe (rather than 3. Staffel) on 22.08.42

Looking for any information or documents relating to:
Alfred Schmittka 5./KG 54; Josef Harmeling 4.(Schlacht)/LG 2; Wilhelm Gaul 1./106, 2./906 & III./KG 40; Karl Müller I./KG 2; Werner Breese 5.(F)/122
Old 15th September 2017, 17:52
Alter Hase

Chris Goss has a spectacular aura aboutChris Goss has a spectacular aura about
Re: Elusive Kampfgeschwader 2 Signature

I know but this is what I was told in 1980
Old 23rd September 2017, 21:46

Richard Mills is on a distinguished road
Elusive Kampfgeschwader 2 Signature

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim O. View Post
Hi Richard, I stumbled across this thread while also looking for Reiss. I have recently acquired documents to a man from KG 2, which includes the attached, also signed (I think) by 'your' Reiss in March 1941 and showing him as Oberleutnant und Offizier z.b.V.

I also have a condolence letter dated February 1943 signed by Hans Reiss but I think the signature is different (first and last pages attached to show headed paper and signature). This Reiss was the Staffelkapitän of 3./KG 2 and an Oberleutnant from 17.05.42 to 11.06.42, according to Ulf Balke in his two-part work on KG 2.

I am still in the early days of researching, so happy to compare notes off line if that suits you.
Tim

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this however, I have only just noticed after posting another signature question a few minutes ago.

The Anerkennung relating to the destruction of the Bristol Blenheim aircraft is very nice indeed! (incidently, I have a document signed by Hofer in another KG 2 document set) and the signature does indeed look like 'my' Reiss.

Thank you for putting this up.

Regards Richard.