Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Off Topic

Off Topic Please use this forum to discuss all off topic subjects.

Old 19th August 2019, 19:59
Alter Hase

Alex Smart is on a distinguished road
Re: Anyone here on J-Aircraft

info@j-aircraft. com

This email address is not recognized.

Alex
Old 19th August 2019, 20:19

SteveR is on a distinguished road

I just emailed that address a few minutes ago with Bronc's details and it hasn't bounced yet. (I'm using a yahoo email address.)

Alex, if you'll send me a PM with your details I'll be happy to send them along.
Old 19th August 2019, 23:56
Alter Hase

Alex Smart is on a distinguished road

Hello Steve,
Have sent you a PM
Alex
Old 20th August 2019, 02:14

Got it, emailed J-aircraft, replied to you.

Fingers crossed.
Old 20th August 2019, 15:23
Alter Hase

Larry deZeng will become famous soon enoughLarry deZeng will become famous soon enough

Steve -

Do you happen to recall the name of the JAircraft webmaster back during the period 2000 - 2010 approximately? He resided in or around Minneapolis and may have been the originator of the website.

Thanks,

L.
Old 20th August 2019, 16:11

If memory serves, Dave Pluth (though I could well be wrong).

Interesting if he's in the Minneapolis area as I'm only about 130 miles north of there.
Old 20th August 2019, 18:28
Alter Hase

Larry deZeng will become famous soon enoughLarry deZeng will become famous soon enough

Thanks, Steve. "Dave Pluth" kinda sounds right. IIRC, he was involved in IPMS Twin Cities area, and at the very end of his tenure, maybe around the 2010 - 2012 time frame, he was trying to put together a manuscript or book covering all of the WWII airfields in the Pacific or perhaps just those used by the JAAF and JNAF. I often wondered why he quit the webmaster job, but I guess it just got to be too much for him. What happened to Dave P and the management of JAircraft after that is a mystery, at least to me, because I departed at about the same time he did.

At 130 miles, I'm guessing you are in the Duluth area...........beautiful summers but too cold in the winter for me!

L.
Old 21st August 2019, 00:15

I can certainly understand someone burning out on the webmaster thing (it happened to me). I can't say I know much about the management history of J-aircraft, as I really don't pay much attention to that sort of thing unless things start going awry.

Nope, not in Duluth, I'm about 130 miles west of there in the northern part of the Brainerd Lakes area (aka the middle of nowhere). It's not that cold here - only got to -60F (actual temp, not wind chill) twice last winter, lol. Besides, I like the cold after 50 years of living and working outdoors in a desert!
Old 21st August 2019, 01:07
Alter Hase

Thanks for that.....................yep, I see a large cluster of lakes running N > S between Pine River and Brainerd, and just E of 371. I get the shivers just looking at that area, but like you said, anyone in a desert for 50 years deserves a change of scenery and where you are certainly has that! Upper and Lower Whitefish and Cross Lakes are almost completely ringed with homes and summer cottages, so at least there are people and stores around. Nice area, despite the incredibly cold weather in the dead of winter.

L.
Old 21st August 2019, 05:36

Yup, I'm east of 371 and between those two towns. I can look out my windows and see Lake Edward. Autumn is already arriving...

Back on topic: I checked J-aircraft a few minutes ago and the "Latest member" is still the same one from June 18. I hope Justin is getting something done for Bronc, Alex, and everyone else trying to sign up or re-register. Perhaps the atrophy has gone too far already though...