Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Allied and Soviet Air Forces

Allied and Soviet Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the Air Forces of the Western Allies and the Soviet Union.

Old 14th November 2009, 18:51

NUPPOL is on a distinguished road
Arrow World War II aircraft forum link

http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/#wo...r-ii-aviation:)
Old 14th November 2009, 19:49
Alter Hase

Larry deZeng will become famous soon enoughLarry deZeng will become famous soon enough
Re: World War II aircraft forum link

Been trawling through WWII sites 12 hours a day/365 since May 2000 and never ran into this one before. Appears to be maybe for young modelers rather than researchers and historians? I did not see any quality historical material and entries there, but I may have been looking in the wrong places. Seems to be in competition with LEMB and the former Air Warfare Forum rather than 12 O'Clock High, in that it focuses on the aircraft?
Old 14th November 2009, 21:42

Erich

Larry

interwoven is some pretty serious stuff we have covered actually in some details several operations. Thanks to a couple of well up and up users I have found some interesting data on JG 301 and the US Mustangs grps they faced

Don't think it is for everyone and really is in no competition in my belief for any one site

cheers

E ~
Old 14th November 2009, 23:48

Peter D Evans is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erich View Post
Don't think it is for everyone and really is in no competition in my belief for any one site
I always like to think that all forums can work together with one another and not in competition. Today's young enthusiasts are tomorrows authors and should therefore be encouraged...

Cheers
Peter D Evans
LEMB Administrator
Old 15th November 2009, 00:00

Amrit1 is on a distinguished road

As long as one stays out of their non-aviation threads/forums. I found their overtly racist and islamophobic posts highly offensive and left in disgust. Their moderation is poor to say the least.

A
Old 15th November 2009, 01:58
Alter Hase

Larry deZeng will become famous soon enoughLarry deZeng will become famous soon enough

Erich and Peter: thanks for the comments. Whever I discover a previously unknown Luftwaffe or Luftwaffe-related site, I guess I am always hoping that once - just once - I will come upon one that recognizes and addresses the other 92% - 93% of the Luftwaffe, that being the non-flying portion, of course.

A: I think you will find that is true for all of these web sites that have a so-called "Soldatenheim" or "Lounge" section. That's where all the low I.Q. louts hang out and one learns one's lesson quickly that it's best to avoid them. No one likes being insulted, especially when you are three or four times older than the insulter.

L.
Old 15th November 2009, 02:56

brewerjerry

Hi
I would advise anyone who has not yet had a browse of the site to do so.
There is a wealth of expertise and information.
The technical section alone is a gold mine..
Cheers
Jerry
Old 15th November 2009, 21:10
Alter Hase

Kutscha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry deZeng View Post
Been trawling through WWII sites 12 hours a day/365 since May 2000 and never ran into this one before. Appears to be maybe for young modelers rather than researchers and historians? I did not see any quality historical material and entries there, but I may have been looking in the wrong places. Seems to be in competition with LEMB and the former Air Warfare Forum rather than 12 O'Clock High, in that it focuses on the aircraft?
That is one of the problems with this great site Larry, it is too history orientated with not enough technical content.