Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Allied and Soviet Air Forces

Allied and Soviet Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the Air Forces of the Western Allies and the Soviet Union.

Old 16th May 2005, 14:06

Stevin Oudshoorn
Question Flak claims Dutch Coast early Nov. '44

Gents,

I wonder anyone has access to Flak claims on the Dutch coast in early november 1944. In particular on the coast of Noord-Holland (roughly between zandvoort and Texel) on the night of 8-9 November 1944.

Tony Wood's lists show no NF claims for this night and I am looking into a 196 Sqn loss for this night.

Any help would be appreciated.

regards,

Stevin
Old 25th May 2005, 16:48

Tiffie is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Flak claims Dutch Coast early Nov. '44

Hello Stevin,

If you're researching LK195 of 190 Sqn (F/O E.D.Hodgson) you will not find any Flak claim. Cause of crash is low flying, a/c hit the dyke on a (too) low level run to a drop-zone just behind the dyke.
Hope this is of some help

HUUB
Old 27th May 2005, 00:13

Stevin Oudshoorn
Re: Flak claims Dutch Coast early Nov. '44

Hi Huub,

Thank for that. The story of LK195 is known to me. I visited the site of the monument and the cemeteries in Enkhuizen en Bovenkarspel yesterday with the brother of Sgt Nevard.

Interesting Q about this a/c is why he was trying to drop on this DZ, as apparently his allocted DZ for this night was Dudley3 in the Nooroostpolder...

No, this is with regards to EF234 of 196 Sqn who was lost without trace a few nights later (8 Nov 1944) while on a mission to drop supplies on the same DZ (Draughts 7).

I have since gotten a crewlist (F/O Norton piloting this a/c), but nothing else. I have found no LW claims for this night (in Tony Wood's lists) and wonder if any Flak crews made any claims....

Thanks again for the reply!

Regards,

Stevin