Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Reviews > Books and Magazines

Books and Magazines Please use this forum to review or discuss books and magazines.

Old 5th June 2018, 18:02
Alter Hase

byron- is on a distinguished road
DIE DEUTSCHE LUFTWAFFE IN GRIECHENLAND

Hi,

A new edition of my book DIE DEUTSCHE LUFTWAFFE IN GRIECHENLAND 1941-1944 is available. 461 pages with more then 300 rare Photos.
Price 42.00 Euros
Shipping 16,50 Euros within Europe

Last edited by byron-; 8th June 2018 at 21:44.
Old 5th June 2018, 18:35

AMC is on a distinguished road
Re: DIE DEUTSCHE LUFTWAFFE IN GRIECHENLAND

I'm guessing not English......
Old 5th June 2018, 19:53
Alter Hase

German
Old 5th June 2018, 20:43
Alter Hase

You don`t need to speak German, it`s easy to understand. Here 2 pages from the ULTRA chapters "all flights from Greece-Italy-Africa" of Ju 52 transporters during 1941 and 1942

Old 6th June 2018, 07:11
Alter Hase

Col Bruggy will become famous soon enough

Byron,

Thanks for posting this information. I have been looking for a copy of your book for some time now.

Could you provide a bit more information on availability? Can the book be purchased from you directly? A sample of the contents page would be most helpful. Information on the publishing history (editions), would also be appreciated, I intend purchasing the book, whatever.

Col
Old 6th June 2018, 14:55
Alter Hase

Hi Col,

Yes, you can purchase the book directly from me.

„Die deutsche Luftwaffe in Griechenland im II. Weltkrieg“

by Byron Tesapsides, new updated edition 2018

Einheiten, Standorte, Fp.Nummern, Offizierstellenbesetzungen, Verluste von Maschinen und Besatzungen, Kenn-Nr. und Werk-Nr.

The title compiled: The German Air Force in Greece in WW II, all units, locations, officers, field post numbers and the losses (planes and crews).

Contents:

1. Die grossen Verbände der Luftwaffe, die fliegenden Verbände
2. Die 4. Luftflotte und die Fliegerkorps
3. VIII. Fliegerkorps
4. X. Fliegerkorps
5. Luftwaffenkommando Südost
6. XI. Fliegerkorps
7. Fliegerdivision 7
8. Komplete Namenslisten und Verluste der Fallschirmjägeroffiziere im Kampf bei der Besetzung von Korinth un Kreta
9. Die Fliegenden Verbände der Luftwaffe
10. Die Aufklärungsverbände der Luftwaffe: Naaufkl.Gru.2, Aufkl.Gru.(F) 4, 3./AGr. (F) 33, A.Gr. 1. (F) 121, A.Gr. 4. (F) 121, A.Gr. 1. (F) 122, A.Gr. 2. (F) 123, 2./ A.Gr. 125 (See), A.Gr. 126 (See), 3./1, (Mausi), 4. /1 (Mausi), Ergänzungs-Fernaufklärungsgruppe, Aufklärungsstaffeln von A.K. und Divisionen
11. Die Jagdverbände – Jagdgeschwader 27
12. Jagdgeschwader 7./26, JG 51, JG 52, JG 53
13. Nachtjagdgeschwader 2, NJG 3, JG 77
14. Zerstörer Geschwader 26, ZG 76
15. Sturzgeschwader 1, StG 2, StG3, StG 77
16. Kampfgeschwader 2, KG 3, KG 4, KG 6, KG 26, KG 30, KG 40, KG 51, KG 54, Chef Ausbildungsgruppe, KG 77, KG 100, KG 200
17. KG zbV 1, 2. 3, 40, 50, 60, 101, 102
18. Alle Ju 52 Flüge nach Afrika (Athen-Kreta-Italien-Derna) der Jahre 1941, 1942
19. K.Gr. zbV 105, 106, 172, KG zbV 300, 400, 500, 600, 800, 900, Wittstock,
20. Sonstige Transportverbände: TG 1, Lufthansa, TG 2, TG 4
21. Seetransportstaffel 1, 3
22. Lufttransportstaffel 222
23. Lehrgeschwader 1, LG 2
24. Luftwaffe-Sanitätsbereitschaft, Seenotdienst
25. Die Flugplätze
26. Pioniereinheiten der Luftwaffe
26. Versorgungseinheiten der Luftwaffe
27. Sicherungseinheiten der Luftwaffe
28. Nachrichteneinheiten der Luftwaffe
29. Flughafen-Betriebskompanien
30. Die FLAK in Griechenland
31. Quellennachweis

There are pictures in the book the most you have never seen, one example attached, Do 24 of Rettungsstaffel 7 on the island of Leros

more then 300 images,
Author: Byron Tesapsides
Pages: 458
Language: German
Edition: 4 - 2018
Year of publication: 2011/2013/2018
Dimensions: 29 x 21 cm
Binding: Softback

Price: book 42,00 + Registered Post Europe 16,50, Greece 8,00
Payment: via bank transfer
Payment via PayPal also available, additional charges 3,00 Euros
Contacts: tesapsides@gmail.com

Old 6th June 2018, 15:06
Alter Hase

Here are some statements from friends of the Forum who have purchased my book

Hi Gruppe,
I received the book last Friday and I must congratulate Byron on the result. More than 450 pages packed with Luftwaffe information: all kinds of units, operational bases, officers and crews, losses, Feldpostnumber, battle-information; aircraft, Wnr, registrations etc. etc. All the information is accompanied by a very nice collection of photos, maps, unit markings, pilots and posters. A true labour of love! Highly recommended!

Nurflügel Forever!
Huib/Netherland

Hallo Byron

Received your book two days ago and have been sifting it through bit by bit.
There is a fantastic amount of details in there which I never thought possible to find!!
As far as I'm concerned it is just perfect and I suppose from now on we have call you Lord Byron...
Thanks for doing the work for us and thanks for sending it to me!!
Cheers
Stig/Sweden

Hello!
Only yesterday i recieved my copy of this book and since then i could not get my hands of it.
It is filled with such a wealth of information of all kind concerning Luftwaffe in Greece.
To me it is a must to have in my bookshelf.
What is left for me to do now is to congratulate the author. I cannot imagine what extreme amount of work, he has put into this book and i am sure the rest of you will think the same!!
Back to reading.

Best wishes, Christian/Denmark

Me too.

I have only just been able to study the book today and I must say it is a very valuable aid towards our understanding of the structure of Luftwaffe forces in Greece. Very much needed. Congratulations to Byron!

Robert Forsyth
/U.K.

Hi all,
received my copy today. My first impression was "impressing!" (pun intended). The second one: "That will take time". This book is a voluminous information collection and it certainly will not collect dust in my bookshelf.

A short overview of the content: All kind of Luftwaffe units (flying, ground, airborne, flak, ... are covered. Chapters for units in Greece including actions, excerpts from unit's diaries, loss lists, photos, sketches of emblems ... The main value for me lies in its listings in text form.
The photos are in most cases new (at least to me) and of sufficient quality, as far as is possible without expensive paper and printing. Paper is non-gloss and as I regard this work mainly as a source of information and less a "picture book" for easy reading all that is fine with me. Delivery was rather fast (11 days including money transfer), which is very fine for my usual impatience. All in all: thank you for your work, Byron! I fully support Huib's recommendation!

Best regards
R. Zimmer/Germany

Just received my book and I can say only one word [IMG]file:///C:\Users\byron\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtml1\01\clip _image002.gif[/IMG]WOW [IMG]file:///C:\Users\byron\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtml1\01\clip _image002.gif[/IMG]My compliments Byron. Its good to see that there is still coming good stuff from Your country.

Kind Regards
Peter van Gogh
/Netherlands

Guys

This is a tremendous book with an incredible amount of details and yet more details about one the Luftwaffe's "side shows", although I am certain the Greeks didn't see it that way.
Interested in Luftwaffe?
Interested in Greece during WW 2?
Get it and get it from Byron directly! He is cheaper and send it in a very professional manner. Contact him and get it now!
Thank you Byron for a very professional job and also for taking the risk to publish this book. Its gonna take me a looooong time to sift through this one!!![IMG]file:///C:\Users\byron\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtml1\01\clip _image003.gif[/IMG]

Cheers Stig/Sweden

Hallo Byron,

Ich habe Ihr Buch vor einigen Tagen mit Freude erhalten.

Es ist unglaublich und einmalig,was Sie nach über 60 Jahren
seit Ende des 2.WK über die deutsche Luftwaffe in Griechenland
in Ihrem neuen Buch vorgelegt haben.
Man kann sich nur vage vorstellen,was es für eine äusserst
intensive und zeitraubende Arbeit war, diese Detailfülle der
Einheiten, Kdo-Stellen, Namen, Verluste etc.zu rechechieren. Ihr Buch ist das Opus Magnum in der historischen Aufarbeitung der Präsenz der Luftwaffe auf diesem Kriegsschauplatz, das bis dato in so einem Umfang fehlte und mit diesem Werk eine Grosse Lücke geschlossen wird.
Meine aufrichtige Gratulation, Byron!! Bedanken möchte ich mich auch herzlichst für die Signierung des Buches samt Widmung mit meinem Namen! Mit vorzüglicher
Hochachtung,
Ihr Karl Nowak/Germany

Thank you very much Byron
I am not used to get this extreme amount of densely packed vital information, so it takes me extra long time to digest it.
I am more or less musing over your book every day and I am inclined to say it is, as far as my interests are concerned, THE book of the year!!!

Thanks again
Yours Marc

Hallo Herr Tesapsides,

das Buch ist gut angekommen, vielen dank für die schnelle, problemlose Lieferung.
Ich glaube ich habe viel interessanten Lesestoff für die Weihnachtsfeiertage von Ihnen bekommen.
Nach einer ersten -aus Zeitmangel- oberflächlichen Durchsicht muss ich sagen, dass grenzt schon an eine Doktorarbeit, die sie da abgeliefert haben.
Meinen Glückwunsch und Anerkennung für diese-in meinen Augen- wichtige Fleißarbeit.
Meine zukünftigen Urlaube auf den griechischen Inseln werde ich damit noch viel intensiver und aufmerksamer erleben als zuvor.

Es grüßt Sie recht herzlich

Detlef Burghammer, seit 26.11.2011 Oberstleutnant der Reserve

Schmidt info@christian-schmidt.com

6:29 PM (4 minutes ago)[IMG]file:///C:\Users\byron\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtml1\01\clip _image004.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]file:///C:\Users\byron\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtml1\01\clip _image004.gif[/IMG]
[IMG]file:///C:\Users\byron\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtml1\01\clip _image004.gif[/IMG]
Hallo Herr Tesapsides,

Ihr neues Buch Dt. LW in Griechenland entwickelt sich bei uns zum heimlichen Bestseller! ;-)
Das Buch wird in der März- oder Aprilausgabe der Zeitschrift Flugzeug Classic besprochen werden!
Da werden wir sicherlich noch ein paar Bestellungen erhalten.

Yes, the book arrived yesterday. Very fast delivery. The book seems to be a very good handbook and contains a lot of new info for me. I am really satisfied, that I ordered it. Congratulations to you for good work.
Thanks for corrections and best regards,
Matti Salonen

Hallo Byron,

Ich habe Ihr Buch vor einigen Tagen mit Freude erhalten.

Es ist unglaublich und einmalig,was Sie nach über 60 Jahren
seit Ende des 2.WK über die deutsche Luftwaffe in Griechenland
in Ihrem neuen Buch vorgelegt haben.
Man kann sich nur vage vorstellen,was es für eine äusserst
intensive und zeitraubende Arbeit war,diese Detailfülle der
Einheiten,Kdo-Stellen,Namen,Verluste etc.zu rechechieren.

Ihr Buch ist das Opus Magnum in der historischen Aufarbeitung
der Präsenz der Luftwaffe auf diesem Kriegsschauplatz,das bis
dato in so einem Umfang fehlte und mit diesem Werk eine grosse
Lücke geschlossen wird.

Meine aufrichtige Gratulation,Byron!!

Bedanken möchte ich mich auch herzlichst für die Signierung
des Buches samt Widmung mit meinem Namen!

Mit vorzüglicher Hochachtung,
Ihr Karl N. Wien

Guten Abend Herr Tesapsides,

Ihr Buch ist gestern in sehr gutem Zustand angekommen. Vielen Dank für die schnelle Lieferung.

Der Inhalt ist überwältigend; eine solche Menge an Details ist sehr, sehr wertvoll und war sicher mit einer Unmenge an Arbeit verbunden. Die riesige Menge an Material hat mich sehr (positiv) überrascht.

Gerhard Mayer
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old 6th June 2018, 16:08
Alter Hase

Col Bruggy will become famous soon enough

Byron,

Most obliging of you. Now I want it even more so! I will be in touch shortly (having some bother with emails at the moment).

Col.