Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 22nd February 2011, 13:35
Alter Hase

Roger Gaemperle is on a distinguished road
Re: Website for my first book and decal sheets online!

Ed,

you are one of the very few select persons to whom I sent previews of the Ju 88 G-7 photos (among other photos like D-IWAU, the Ju 88 photo published at BGR, etc.). All you did was to confirm what I already knew and as soon as you had received the scans from me you said something like 'I know more but I don't share it with you because I am working also on a book'. Of course did I understand that and of course did I never ever even think about moaning on that. So, why do you react like this now?

Have you ever sent me a photo from your personal archive that you were going to publish like I did? No you did not. Not a single one, apart from publicly accessible photos of Bernburg airfield (footnote.com). But that would have never been a cause for me to get upset. So, I still do not understand your reaction at all. Sorry, I am at a loss.

Like you did not want to share the knowledge about the G-7 (perfectly understandable), I of course did not want to share the photos that I was about to publish. If you do not understand that (like I understood that you did not want to share your Ju 88 G-7 knowledge), than I can't do anything about it. Below the line, I shared much more with you than you did with me. That's all I could do.

Anyhow, I wish you success with your research. For me, that Brunnthal topic is definitely closed and I am going to use this thread only for updates regarding my publication. If you want to discuss this further, please send me a PM.

Thank you, Ed!
Roger
Old 22nd February 2011, 17:17
Super Moderator

Nick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by edNorth View Post
Nick, … The webpage was not a public one. Possibly it was the "webmasters" mistake … but nevertheless, it was "made public" by one of only four having proper knowing of it, the other (three) had the "unpleasant" surprise to have part of their work exposed.
I'm sorry to say this Ed but it was entirely the mistake of the people who posted the page. By putting it on the web without password protection, they made it public. Do you not know how Google and others produce their results? They send out software "spiders" on the web to analyse the content of pages (you see this in your ISP's statistics for your site). If you put up a page with the word "Brunnthal" or "Ju 290" in it, then eventually search engines will find that and people will visit.

Now please stop having an angry dispute with Roger on this forum, that is something you could make private — just use email.
Old 22nd February 2011, 17:33
Alter Hase

Marc-André Haldimann will become famous soon enough

Hi there to all,

I refrained from intervening up to this point, Ed. But by keeping up your lashing out at Roger (he really cannot be held responsible for the disclosure of your common work on Brunnthal), you totally miss the point. You have to get your workgroup back along the same line, and that's your job, not ours.

Beyond this, I could not agree more with Nick: he says it all.
Marc
Old 22nd February 2011, 18:28

strahljaeger is on a distinguished road

Hi Nick,

Google was not the way. I tested many search variants. Our side was not found!
BTW. I know Ed as a hard man, but he is strait. And that is what I like!

Regards
Matthias
Old 22nd February 2011, 23:40

chuckschmitz is on a distinguished road

Gentleman,

If I may jump into this discussion. Whether a particular site has a password or not should not give you permssion to use someone's work/research without permssion. You can call me old fashion but your personal honor and integrity should play a part. Don't blame the victim!! Blame the person who took the information without permission. Can we trust each other on this site?

Chuck