Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28th December 2004, 10:09

menright
Leutnant Erick Bodendieck, 4./JG 53

Dr Michael Enright
Leutnant Erick Bodendieck, JG 53, 1940
Tue Dec 28, 2004 07:53

I am trying to determine the fate of a German (presumably) Luftwaffe fighter pilot, Leutnant Erick Bodendieck of 4./JG 53. On Sunday 11 August, 1940, this pilot engaged a Blenheim T 1850 of 107 Squadron RAF "over Dinan and pursued it to the French coast" where it was shot down. This information appears in the recently released book by Larry Donnelly, "The Other Few" (2004). I have a personal interest in the circumstances of the Blenheim pilot, Squadron Leader J. B. Fyfe. The Donnelly information came to us only today. Any information on Leutnant Bodendieck would be appreciated. Luftwaffe detail is not my area. I am presuming the '4' refers to a staffeln, not a gruppe. We know that the Fyfe crew have no known grave. Any information on just what became of Bodendieck would be appreciated.

Michael