Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 9th November 2011, 20:34
Alter Hase

Larry Hickey
Trying to locate eBay auction photo winner

Hello,

As many of you know, the EOE Working Group is preparing the color profile artwork packages for the Ju87Bs that flew in the Polish Campaign. For the Stab of II./StG2, I think I've located a photo in the EOE Data Base for the a/c of Hptm Ulrich Schmidt, the Gr Kdr, and his T6+AC. This auctioned on Nov 29, 2010 and was won by someone with the code o***o. The auction image, which is very poor quality, indicates that there is probably a W.Nr. on the upper fin, which has been partly obscured by the censoring of the swastica. Does anyone know who the buyer with this eBay code is, and how I might contact him/her?

We have completed about half the 38 Stuka profiles for the PC volume at this point, and the above is one of three of the 12 from StG2 that I'm stuck on. I'm also still looking for good photography of a 4./StG2 aircraft (a Ju87B-1 with a code T6+?M, almost certainly with no unit insignia), preferably with a known pilot or crash/damage incident, and information/photos for an aircraft from the Stab of I./StG2, for the project. This would carry a code T6+?B, and would presumably have a black scottie dog emblem on a medium green background with a thin white outline for the unit insignia. This would appear on both sides of the forward fuselage just in front of the cockpit area. It's possible that the Stab of I Gruppe did not yet carry this insignia during the PC, although it appears that the subordinate squadrons probably did carry unit insignia, at least by the end of the campaign.

Can anyone help?

Thanks