Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 7th October 2012, 21:56

Karl
Re: Ghostbombers updates

Dear Nick,

thank you for continuing the updates on ghostbombers.com. Relating to the sorties of Kommando Schenck on 27th of August 1944 here the entry from the logbook of Fw "Ronny" Lauer: 9K+GL, take off and landing: Juvincourt. 14.50-15.40 h. Remarks: Stadt Melun.

Best wishes, Karl
Old 19th October 2012, 22:54
Super Moderator

Nick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura about

Tonight's updates to my website are:
Old 30th October 2012, 15:40

SEAN RYAN is on a distinguished road

Hi Nick, thanks for the updates and your excellent site. I thought the requests from KG66 for black and blue paint for it's new Ju88's was very interesting. I'm afraid I took the liberty of putting a post about this on the LEMB as I was wondering whether anyone else found this fascinating message you had found during the course of your research as interesting as I do ?

Has anyone else got any thoughts on this ?

Regards, Sean.
Old 29th November 2012, 13:15
Super Moderator

Nick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura about

Today is the eighth anniversary of www.ghostbombers.com going live, marked by these updates:
  • Kampfflieger Vol. 4: organisation diagrams for KG 200, February 1944–January 1945.
  • An addition to the list of my "complete works."
  • Reorganisation of the homepage with six shorter articles now grouped as "Luftwaffe miscellany."
  • More about IX. Fliegerkorps' attack on Soissons on the night of 30-31 August 1944.
  • More detail of the shooting down and capture of Uffz. Helmut Breitweg of 1./JG 2.
  • Operation Dragoon: more about one Me 410 of 1.(F)/33.
  • Nachtjagdstaffel Norwegen article: addition of the date when the unit's He 219 was collected from I./NJG 1 (courtesy of Marcel Hogenhuis) and a little more about a sortie on the night of 11/12 April 1945.
  • A small addition to the article on Jagdgeschwader recognition bands, thanks to David E. Brown.
  • Note added to the 1.(F)/100 article about a possible error in a report of one operation (courtesy of forum member Stefan Lahres).
  • Minor corrections throughout.
Old 30th November 2012, 11:21

SES

Hi Nick,
I always enjoy your up-dates and the valuable work you do on the less well covered facets and areas of operations of the Luftwaffe. I have a specific question to the Nachtjagdstaffel Norwegen article, do you have the German expression for this:
Kristiansand-South (also the location of a “fighter area battle HQ”) ?
kind regards
SES
Old 30th November 2012, 15:31
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SES View Post
Hi Nick,
I have a specific question to the Nachtjagdstaffel Norwegen article, do you have the German expression for this:
kind regards
SES
I'm sorry but I don't. That is a problem with British intelligence material, you often have to try and guess what the original German words were.
Old 30th November 2012, 16:12

SES

Hi Nick,
Understand what you mean. There is an excellent British post war intel report on the Luftwaffe Funkaufklärings Dienst. It took ages to read it, as I had to try and figure out what each operational, technical and unit term would be in German.
Well the background for my question was, that I am on the hunt for an Abschnitt Flugmelde Zentrale in the Kristiansand area, which had scramble authority and intercept control facilities, but even with tremendous help from Norwegian colleges it remains un-located.
For an in depth explanation please see:
http://www.gyges.dk/luftwaffe_ln%20norway.htm
bregds
SES
Old 3rd December 2012, 12:15
Alter Hase

ju55dk will become famous soon enough

This probably goes all the way back to april 1940. In order not to mix up Kristiansund and Kristiansand, in Ultra, the first one was called -North and the other -South. So Kristiansand-south is just Kristiansand.

Junker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SES View Post
Hi Nick,
I always enjoy your up-dates and the valuable work you do on the less well covered facets and areas of operations of the Luftwaffe. I have a specific question to the Nachtjagdstaffel Norwegen article, do you have the German expression for this:
kind regards
SES
Old 3rd December 2012, 12:21

SES

Hi Jørn,
I'm on the hunt for AFMZ Kristiansand, and Nicks latest up-date seems to confirm my suspission of it's function as a "mini-Jafü".
And BTW it would aslo be nice to be able to locate the Gef.Std.
bregds
SES
Old 12th January 2013, 17:56
Super Moderator

Today's updates are: