Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Obituaries

Obituaries Please use this forum to post obituary listings and death notices.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28th October 2014, 22:42

Raimo Malkamäki is on a distinguished road
Oberstleutnant Günther Scholz 1911–2014

I have heard from Ingo Möbius, the author of his memoirs "Im Einsatz über Europa" that Mr Günther Scholz passed away at his home in Chemnitz last Friday, 24.10.2014.

I had a pleasure to exchange a few letters with Mr Scholz during last summer and autumn, when I was translating his book to Finnish language. The book is expected to come out from printers this week. I hoped that he would have been able to see the Finnish edition, but unfortunately it didn´t happen.

Just wondering how many pilots who participated in the Spanish Civil War are still among us. Can´t be many. Mr Scholz was one the last.

I have sent my condolences to his family.

Best regards
Raimo Malkamäki