Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Off Topic

Off Topic Please use this forum to discuss all off topic subjects.

Old 9th October 2007, 10:29

Pete Minix is on a distinguished road
Talking Documenting the history of our World War II Veterans

I have been collecting and documenting the history of our World War II Veterans since 1998. I currently have over 200 veterans from all branches and ranks, in my “private library”. I have always been interested in World War II and what better way to learn this is to talk to the men and women who lived it. It is my way of keeping their memories and stories alive.

For every World War II Veteran we loose, a piece of history is gone forever. I believe that it should be told to someone who is willing to take the time to document their story.

For the men and women, who served during World War II, they all have a great story to tell, whether they were in combat or sitting behind a desk. They answered the call to duty in a time when more the half the world was at war.

When it is my time to pass on, all this information will be placed in the General Patton Museum in Chiriaco Summit, CA so that future generations will know what these men and women went through. One day, all of our Veterans from World War II, will have passed on and so will their stories.

Peter Minix
Former Marine Sgt.
Indio, CA
Old 15th January 2008, 00:43
Alter Hase

Brian is on a distinguished road
Re: Documenting the history of our World War II Veterans

Hi Peter

Well done. I think what you are doing is the aim of most of us on this website.

Keep up the good work

Cheers
Brian