Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Closed Thread

Old 22nd May 2017, 07:48

Peter Cornwell is on a distinguished road
Re: Hans Beißwenger

Thanks, that tells me all I want to know. As a self-professed linguist you may have better success in future by communicating in a foreign language.
Old 22nd May 2017, 12:03
Alter Hase

Teresa Maria is on a distinguished road
Angry Re: Hans Beißwenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Cornwell View Post
Thanks, that tells me all I want to know. As a self-professed linguist you may have better success in future by communicating in a foreign language.

This is already rude on your part. I'm not a self-professed linguist, but I have a Ph.D. in linguistics and I'm quite well-known in the field of multilingualism research. However, what you apparently don't understand is that my interest in fighter pilots' biographies is a hobby. I suppose you label people and you believe that a linguist cannot be interested in history and vice versa (I bet you know no language other than English.) Think outside the box!
Old 22nd May 2017, 13:26

Peter Cornwell is on a distinguished road

I'm sorry but you are quite evidently 'a self-professed linguist' whatever your qualifications. And you are perfectly welcome to think what you like about me and/or my beliefs - it's of no consequence whatsoever. Incidentally, you would lose that bet.
Old 22nd May 2017, 13:43
Alter Hase

Teresa Maria is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Cornwell View Post
I'm sorry but you are quite evidently 'a self-professed linguist' whatever your qualifications. And you are perfectly welcome to think what you like about me and/or my beliefs - it's of no consequence whatsoever. Incidentally, you would lose that bet.
So, you insist that I'm a self-professed linguist... You'll be surprised: https://scholar.google.pl/citations?...RvMAAAAJ&hl=pl

(As for my appearance, in this photo I look much better than in reality, so if I say I'm unattractive, I mean it. The photo shows only my face, not my figure.)

Definitely, one has no right to have a hobby outside of one's professional field...
Closed Thread