Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 30th November 2012, 18:25
Alter Hase

Larry Hickey
Seeking photos of I./KG1 He111E with white nose band circa 9.39

Hello,

In working up the profile packages for the EoE Project, I've confirmed that the He111Es of both 2. (red) and 3./KG1 (yellow) a/c carried thin bands entirely around the forward fuselage just in front of the cockpit windshield. For Stab. I./KG1 a/c, the presence of this band, presumably in medium green, is ambiguous, but possibly present.

From the ECPA Collection, I have a number of photos of 1./KG1 a/c from that general time period, but none appear to carry that band. However, the main series of photos from 1. Staffel could be pre-war and the band may not yet have been applied. Does anyone have a photo of a known 1./KG1 He111E, preferably from the 9.39 PC period, showing an a/c carrying a white nose band? The fuselage code would read V4+_H. All of the unit's He111Es from that period carried the von Hindenburg family crest on both sides of the nose.

Also, any photos that would confirm the presence of a medium green nose band on Stab I./KG1 a/c would also be much appreciated.

Who can help

Regards,

Larry Hickey
EoE Project Coordinator