Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Reviews > Books and Magazines > Die Jagdfliegerverbände der Deutschen Luftwaffe 1934 bis 1945

Die Jagdfliegerverbände der Deutschen Luftwaffe 1934 bis 1945 by Jochen Prien, Gerhard Stemmer, Peter Rodeike & Winfried Bock
incl. other work by Dr. Prien and his colleagues

Old 13th September 2014, 13:34
Alter Hase

CJE
What about JFV 13?

Any date?

Chris
Old 18th September 2014, 10:34

Jochen Prien is on a distinguished road
Re: What about JFV 13?

The manuscript for JFV 13/I dealing with Reichsverteidigung from January 1st to June 5th, 1944, is complete and awaits final corrections and additions. The first 150 or so photos have been inserted, the rest will be dealt with over the next two to three weeks. Maps so far are not finalised. There is a distinct space problem as the text alone, i.e. without photos etc., stands at about 475 pages despite all attempts at gaining space for the photos with the publishers demand not to exceed 500 pages (he will have to be brave in this case I'm afraid ... ). We hope to remedy these problems and to be able to deliver the manuscript to the publisher in October. Then it's up to him to to decide the date at which it will appear.

I will come back to JFV 13/II etc. in due course.

Kind regards

Jochen Prien
Old 26th January 2015, 01:03

Del Davis is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: What about JFV 13?

When is the current estimated publishing date?
CJE and I are the same age and neither of us is getting any younger.
Old 10th February 2015, 17:03

It's time for another up-date on the progress of JFV 13/I and II: Vol. 13/I is still not with the publisher as the final layout and number of photos to be included has yet to be settled; as of now we stand at 525 pages and 303 photos, no maps. I hope we can finalise this before the end of the month so if everything then goes according to plan the book may come - if not as a Christmas gift - as an Easter egg.

Vol 2 covering the period from June 6th to Sept. 30th is well under way, being about 60 % complete by now. Vol. 3 and 4 will be the service in the West from 1 January to 30 September 1944, 5 is scheduled as Reichsverteidigung 1 October through 31 December 1944 and 6 will be the complete resume for the individual units with the usual tables and data.

As for the maps - we're thinking about putting them in an extra booklet to come with Vol. 6, but that has yet to be decided.

I apologize for the delay but please take it from me that we're trying as best we can ... and it still is just and only our hobby which is at best no. 3 on the line after our families and jobs and beside some potentially similarly interesting issues.

Will Keep you posted

KR

Jochen Prien
Old 26th April 2015, 02:50
Alter Hase

Nokose will become famous soon enough

Any further word on JFV 13/I. What units might be covered in this volume?
Old 12th May 2015, 13:57

Unfortunately it's time for another up-date rather than for the annoumcement of the release of Vol. 13/I - the manuscript had been delivered to the publisher in October last year as had the majority of the photos with just some 40 images pending. I will spare you the details and cut a truly un-nerving long story short but it has been found out by now that these photos apparently no longer exist. They will therefore have to be painstakingly re-traced and restored which will be completed by early June. So the current schedule calls for delivery to the printer in July and publication - hopefully - the same month.

The only good thing about this delay is that we have received some very nice unpublished images from I./JG 11 which have thus found their way into the manuscript, small consolation as that may be.

As of now we can only hope that we will not encounter the same problems with the future volumes.

Will Keep you posted

KR

Jochen Prien
Old 12th May 2015, 17:56

FalkeEins will become famous soon enough

thanks for the up date Jochen...talk about frustrating and time-consuming, you really must have the patience and understanding of a saint!
Old 5th June 2015, 21:57

Gentlemen,

at long last I have received the proofs for JFV 13/I; since there is very little to alter or change it is slated to go to the printer a week today so that we're a little ahead of the latest schedule. I will keep you posted.

KR

Jochen Prien
Old 6th June 2015, 00:33

Martin388 is on a distinguished road

This is definitely good news!

Thanks for the update. And good luck for the review and the production.

Martin Handig
Old 26th June 2015, 14:13

messcaster is on a distinguished road

http://www.jagdgeschwader.net/produc...b7adf505ece1b2