Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 28th July 2020, 16:15
Alter Hase

Adriano Baumgartner is on a distinguished road
Flugbuch of Major Heinrich Schlosser (ex-KG 40)

This is a long shot, but would some of you have seen copies or entries from the Flugbuchs (understand he may have had some) of the later Major (Oberst in the Bundesluftwaffe) Heinrich SCHLOSSER (born on 1 August 1908), who served with the KG 40?

I am particularly interested in some entries between 1942-1943. Do not know if copies are available to acquire privately or not.

Have some of you ever had access to his FB? Have they survived WW2?

A.
Old 28th July 2020, 20:03
Alter Hase

Chris Goss has a spectacular aura aboutChris Goss has a spectacular aura about
Re: Flugbuch of Major Heinrich Schlosser (ex-KG 40)

If anyone has a copy (and it would have been of interest to me) it will be Herr Ott but he has be noticeable by his absence/silence over the past few years
Old 28th July 2020, 21:27
Alter Hase

Chris,

Thank you for pointing this (up to now unknown, at least for me) Historian or researcher. I initially thought you may had had one copy, since you are one of the Experts onto KG 40 History...a unit that should have a full complete account in my humble opinion.

A.
Old 28th July 2020, 23:42
Alter Hase

Trouble is by those years Schlosser was no longer with KG 40
Old 28th July 2020, 23:52
Alter Hase

edNorth is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Goss View Post
If anyone has a copy (and it would have been of interest to me) it will be Herr Ott but he has be noticeable by his absence/silence over the past few years
Herr Ott was alive and well when we met in Berlin last year. And earlier this summer he was allright having been on trip to The Baltic Coastal area. His "absence/silence" is not like what you write, more that he has opinions and does not want to mingle on in the chatter (if right words, and I belive they are). Past discussion forum acted unfair on him, and his knowledge (acquired over many decades) and age needs be highly respected.

Eggert
Old 29th July 2020, 00:00
Alter Hase

edNorth is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriano Baumgartner View Post
Chris,
Thank you for pointing this (up to now unknown, at least for me) Historian or researcher. I initially thought you may had had one copy, since you are one of the Experts onto KG 40 History...a unit that should have a full complete account in my humble opinion.
A.
"Unknown" really ???

Günther Ott ADL - The DLH / Fw 200 / KG 40 expert of experts.
Official Historian of Deutche Luft-Hansa and past press-rep to DLH in Moscow.

https://adl-luftfahrthistorik.de/

https://www.europeanairlines.no/prod...nsa-in-norway/
https://www.amazon.com/Die-grossen-D.../dp/3925505253
Old 29th July 2020, 02:47

Martin Gleeson is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Eggert,

Thank you for that encouraging news about Herr Ott. Aside from the DLH history in Norway to be published this year has he any plans to produce more works on the Fw 200 or KG 40 ?

Regards,

Martin Gleeson.
Old 29th July 2020, 07:28
Alter Hase

That is good to read about him. I got the impression when we last were in contact that his family was becoming his priority which one can understand
Old 29th July 2020, 10:21
Alter Hase

ED NORTH,

My gratitude for pointing me to this incredible site and the Researches of DECADES of those Historians. Really amazing what they did and published and wrote, etc.

A friend of mine Sergio Luis dos Santos is actually writting about the LW airplanes (civilians) in South America. He has published one volume and is now either finisihing or completing his second or third volume....lot of photos of FW 200 from the Kondor Syndicat here in South America, etc....

And indeed KG 40 do deserve a full Unit History....like so many other Geschwaders from the Luftwaffe....

A.
Old 29th July 2020, 10:29
Alter Hase

ED,

Regarding the "unknown" passage....here in South America we do not have access or knowledge for what is being published most particularly in Germany, Denmark, Russia, Finland, etc. or even Australia.

We do know some traditional WW2 or Military Editors from the USA (Schiffer for instance), France (Lelapresse, Heimdal, Atlas, etc.), England (Crécy, Pen and Sword; Osprey, etc.).

First there is the difficulty with the language....although some of German origin can handle that since they do learn German (at home) mostly in the Southern States of Brazil.

So indeed he was unknown to me, as well as this Company and his mates. Thanks really for pointing me this and their WORK of Decades.....it is fascinating to see that....hope to read some of their books in English or French one day.

Again, my gratitude for pointing me their work.

A