Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Closed Thread

Old 13th May 2019, 16:59

rof120 is on a distinguished road
Looking for documents (Polish Campaign)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert View Post
Hi,

we are looking for German logbooks for the first volumes concerning air war over Poland in September 1939. Despite that we managed to collect more than 220 logbooks for this timeframe we still have some major gaps.
We are interested especially for following squadrons: 3./KG2, 7./KG3, 8./KG3, 2./ZG1, 3./ZG1, 7.(K)/LG1, 9.(K)/LG1, 9./KGzbV1, 10./KGzbV1, 11./KGzbV1, 5./KGzbV2, 7./KGzbV2, 8./KGzbV2, 3.(H)/12 as well as 1.(H)/11.
Perhaps somebody could help us?

Regards

Robert
Which Robert are you? The guy who posted many messages here on other subjects? (I don't mind at all) Are you a member of Larry's team at Boulder (Colorado)?

But never mind. This is the second enquiry of this very kind (documents, logbooks on the Polish Campaign) within a few months. It is quite possible that such documents were destroyed either 1939 or later, mainly in May 1945. I fear it will be very difficult to find any - possibly a few, discovered by chance in some old attic in a few hundred years…

I find it quite worrying that Robert still is asking for numerous documents - this time on no less than 15 Staffeln or squadrons - in order to complete one or two "Polish" volumes which should have been released several years ago (according to plan) and even about 8-10 years ago according to some information from Boulder. I feel we should give up any hope of ever seeing this "massive" series of big volumes materializing...

Quite a few years ago Larry Hickey himself announced here a least twice, in this very EOE-thread, that the first "Polish" volume was about to be released soon, in a few months, but nothing happened. I don't think at all that Larry intended to con us all and betray his audience but I think he was overwhelwed by the immense volume of work to be done (which probably was impossible to master for anybody in the world), by old age (now about 75 years) and above all by illness. Approx. 10 years ago cancer almost killed him. He survived all right, thanks God, but this did'nt make him any younger.

I don't know all secrets of Larry's but I think we should forget about the wonderful EOE project and become realists. Let us hope that at least what has been achieved up till now will be published, which is perfectly possible and would be profitable: hundreds (thousands?) of colour profiles, at least thousands of photographs, veterans' stories and reports, at least THE translation of the "massive" German Weiss manuscript (which certainly cost a great amount of money), perhaps various logbooks and what has been written by Larry and his team, if at all. This would be quite an achievement already (at least 4-5 large volumes) and make a lot of enthusiasts quite happy. Nobody would be even happier than myself.
Old 13th May 2019, 18:02
Alter Hase

robert is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: The Eagles Over Europe Project

Hi,

I just asked for little help and started a shitstorm. So please that this thread will be locked. It has no more sense to post anything about our project on TOCH.
@John I don`t see that you are interested in our progress so I don`t like to give you some feedback. Sorry but I don`t have time to have another dispute that I have too much or too less material etc.

Regards

Robert
Old 13th May 2019, 19:26
Alter Hase

edwest2 will become famous soon enoughedwest2 will become famous soon enough

Hello Robert,

Do grow up. I've seen similar behavior on another forum (not Luftwaffe-related) where I'm a moderator.

Further, speculation is speculation, nothing more. I would like to see the books released but I don't know as well. I can relate to the enthusiasm.

Best,
Ed
Old 13th May 2019, 21:09
Alter Hase

John Vasco will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert View Post
@John I don`t see that you are interested in our progress so I don`t like to give you some feedback. Sorry but I don`t have time to have another dispute that I have too much or too less material etc.

Regards

Robert

Robert,

How can you say that? You were with Larry on the visit to my house in Norwich in October 2006, and you know full well just how interested and involved I was in helping Larry in every way.

Quite frankly, I find it totally insulting that you post "...I don`t see that you are interested in our progress..." I was confident at one time many years ago that my shelves would be adorned with the EoE volumes.

Have you forgotten your visit?

Why do you want this thread to be locked? Why? Why is there no more sense in posting anything about the EoE Project on TOCH?

Splinter Live at The Cavern, November 2006: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxOCksQUKbI

Danke schön, Dank schön ich bin ganz comfortable!
Old 13th May 2019, 22:12
Alter Hase

robert is an unknown quantity at this point

John,

did you get my permission to post this photo on public forum?
Please remove.

Robert
Old 13th May 2019, 22:28
Super Moderator

Nick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura about

Since all concerned seem unwilling to give it a rest, consider this thread closed. If in future anyone from the EoE project wants to give a specific progress report, feel free to start a new one.

Tags
eagles, europe