Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 8th August 2019, 13:13

Monaco is on a distinguished road
Bf.109s of Lipfert - Fönnekold

Dear all, does anyone has fotos of the mounts flown by Lipfert or Fännekold especially in the years 1943-1944?
Also the Bf.109s flown by Barkhorn would be interesting...
Do the Flugbücher of Barkhorn and Fönnekold exist?
Any info is welome, thanks in advance.
Michael
Old 8th August 2019, 16:41
Alter Hase

Johannes has a spectacular aura aboutJohannes has a spectacular aura about
Re: Bf.109s of Lipfert - Fönnekold

Hi Michael

Bernd Barbas has written a book on Bartkhorn, lots of new photos in it, and also profiles. Don't know whether or not....but probably not the flugbucher exist, but Barkhorn had several abschusseliste, some giving exact crash-sites , doesn't help with entries for his aircraft numbers, but the end of 1944/ 1945 claims are undetailed, this would suggest his flugbuch for this time didn't survive.

With Fonnekold there is something scandalous about his last combat, but I am not sure I am free to say, but if true he was not shot down by the USAAF, but I have proved the scandal unlikely, but several senior pilots each mentioned it independently. If true the scandal if not kept quiet would have resulted in a court-marshall…….sorry cannot spell that. Fonnekold did not confirm any claims against Mustangs, either he was too unalive to do so, or the incredible sorry is true and though the USAAF were in combat with JG52 that date, Fonnekold was not amongst them. Did find 134 claims for him against the Red airforce. I believe the Russians robbed his grave out.

Kind Regards

Johannes
Old 8th August 2019, 17:10
Alter Hase

edwest2 will become famous soon enoughedwest2 will become famous soon enough

Here is the book about Barkhorn:

Das vergessene As

Der Jagdflieger Gerhard Barkhorn

Autoren:
Bernd Barbas
ISBN:
978-3-941437-22-7
Seiten:
Fotos:
155, davon 35 in Farbe
Illustrationen:
15 ganzseitige Farbseitenansichten der von Barkhorn geflogenen Maschinen (von Claes Sundin)
Karten:
Format:
24 x 28,5 cm - Großformat

Obgleich Gerhard Barkhorn beim Jagdgeschwader 52 an der Ostfront insgesamt 301 Luftsiege errang und damit hinter Erich Hartmann der zweiterfolgreichste Jagdflieger des Zweiten Weltkrieges ist, hat man ihn heute fast vergessen. Das Buch zeichnet den Fronteinsatz Barkhorns vom JG 2 am Kanal, über das JG 52, bis zum JG 6 und JV 44 nach. Das Zitieren aus den Original-Gefechtsberichten lassen den Leser die Dramatik der damaligen Ereignisse nachempfinden. Auch auf Barkhorns Bundeswehrkarriere wird eingegangen.

In dem Buch werden erstmals viele Farbdias veröffentlicht, die Barkhorn während seiner Zeit beim JG 52 aufnahm sowie eine große Anzahl von Schwarz/weiß-Fotos. Ferner finden sich in dem Band farbige Seitenansichten aller von Barkhorn geflogenen Flugzeuge. Ein Buch, welches das Jagdflieger-As von allen Seiten beleuchtet.

Derzeit vergriffen, Neuauflage im Frühjahr 2019.
Old 9th August 2019, 15:17
Alter Hase

Johannes has a spectacular aura aboutJohannes has a spectacular aura about

Any trouble acquiring the book, then I think Bernd can sale you one direct.

Johannes
Old 9th August 2019, 20:26

Monaco is on a distinguished road

Hello Ed and Johannes,
thank you both, I already have a copy of Bernd Barbas book, it´s more about the other two pilots were I would like to have more information...
Old 9th August 2019, 21:50
Alter Hase

edwest2 will become famous soon enoughedwest2 will become famous soon enough

A war diary book by Lipfert and Werner Girbig.

https://www.schifferbooks.com/the-wa...1945-2169.html