Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Reviews > Books and Magazines

Books and Magazines Please use this forum to review or discuss books and magazines.

Old 7th September 2005, 17:27

JaganP is on a distinguished road
Re: Favorite Aircraft History Books?

Getting back to the original topic, One of my favourites.

Vultee Vengeance by Peter C Smith, Smithsonian Press.

Lovely book on a rare type. Infact the ONLY book on this type. .Ample coverage of technical aspects as well as operations in all theatres. I was suitably impressed by the amount of detail on Indian Air Force Operations, which is not the case with most of the other types. I would recommend the book any day.

De Havilland Vampire by David Watson

Another great book, one of the only two on this Type I would guess. nice drawings, and great production info. Also has some good info on my area of interest - Indian Air Force Ops after 1947.
Old 11th September 2006, 05:52

Empiricist is on a distinguished road
Re: Favorite Aircraft History Books?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaganP
Getting back to the original topic, One of my favourites.

Vultee Vengeance by Peter C Smith, Smithsonian Press.

Lovely book on a rare type. Infact the ONLY book on this type. .Ample coverage of technical aspects as well as operations in all theatres. I was suitably impressed by the amount of detail on Indian Air Force Operations, which is not the case with most of the other types. I would recommend the book any day.
Hello,

Also for me this is one of my favourite WWII-era aircraft and of course I know am unique man with such an fascination. :-)

Would not you like to drop a line about the content of this book? Does it contain the plans of the Vengeance variants for the modellers?

Thank you very much in advance.

Best

E.