Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 26th August 2016, 00:38

Tim Puls is on a distinguished road
Lt. Werner Puls Luftwaffe Ace Eastern Front

Hello, I am very interested in learning more about a potential distant relative of mine, Lt. Werner Puls. What I have researched so far is: he was born on July 12 1920 in Bramsche and was assigned to 7./JG 52. He was credited with 27 aerial victories on the Eastern front between 30 April 1943 and 17 August 1943. He was killed in action on 17 August 1943 at the age of 23 near Peretschepino. He is buried near Kharkov, Ukraine.

I have seen the data available online regarding his aerial victories, but would like to know if there is more specific mention of him in the detailed unit histories during the very short time (4 months) he saw action. Unfortunately, I do not have ready access to the detailed unit histories.

Thank you in advance for any information you can provide!