Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 2nd March 2011, 14:44

Mirek Wawrzynski is an unknown quantity at this point
Japan officers on Eastern Front in 1941?

I have seen a few photos of delegation of Japan officers (military attaches from Berlin???) on Eastern Front (one I have just attached). May saomeone knows a little more about such travel: (time, place and who?).
Airfield looks as a Wester Front, done in summer 1941?

Regards,
mirekw
Old 2nd March 2011, 16:40
Alter Hase

Adriano Baumgartner is on a distinguished road
Re: Japan officers on Eastern Front in 1941?

Mirek,
I remember seeing a Japanese Delegation on Night-Fighter Squadrons ( on "Night-Fighters" a book Edited by Schiffer Publishing ). I talked with Major Martin Drewes, who told me he took a Japanese Officer to fly once. His friends wanted him to make some aerobatics, etc...but he told me he wanted the guy to enjoy what he enjoyed on flying over Germany...so, he showed the Japanese the beauty of the landscape on a very smooth ride...MAYBE the "same" Delegation did an overall Tour of Luftwaffe facilities, maybe Test Center, etc...A very interesting topic indeed. I do wish some "Expert Historians" will add what you are looking for...But, have you seen the picture I mentioned to you, on Night Fighters?
Yours
Adriano
Old 3rd March 2011, 09:47

Mirek Wawrzynski is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Japan officers on Eastern Front in 1941?

Adriano
from the photo/s looks rather, that it was official delegation in a "combat" uniton the Eastern Front, maybe on Western Front in summer 1941 or South-Western Front.
German had presented Japan, what they did captured attacking Soviets, maybe, it is my pure speculation, they wanted to show them the power of Russian and nesessity to support III Reich in war against Stalin, involving/provoking Japan on attack on Far East?

I suppose it was in July, August 1941, very early periond of Barbarossa.

Regards,
mirekw