Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Allied and Soviet Air Forces

Allied and Soviet Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the Air Forces of the Western Allies and the Soviet Union.

Closed Thread

Old 27th June 2023, 21:54
Alter Hase

researcher111 will become famous soon enough
Re: Bizare destiny of two 15th Air Force GP CO's

Franek

Fair enough, but here we go again with moral lessons
jumping to conclussions etc

Review his first reply to my post whereby he stating
he has no doubts about Net search results versus
the info passed by vets to me , as such
his conclusion was I am posting misleading info
which is rather rude and brought my comm with
him to an end

I am not clear on the purpose of your post though
this is not associated with my topic and there's
no point to bother with this or similar remarks
therefore the matter is closed
Old 28th June 2023, 02:18
Alter Hase

Franek Grabowski is on a distinguished road

Alex
Stig's reply was nowhere rude.
There is nothing wrong with the infomation coming from internet. Actually, you have posted on the internet, so does it mean it is useless, is not it?

The serial of the aircraft comes from an online index of accident reports. There is no reason to put it in doubt. You can obtain the report from several places, and this would be an official position. Of course, it cannot be excluded, that some events leading to the crash were covered up, but as long as you did not bother to consult it, how do you know it is?
You cannot expect that you will get first hand account here, about a rather obscure accident in a remote corner of the world. I doubt if any witness is still alive, and if so he would be well into 90s. There is a small group of researchers who had a chance to talk to veterans, even smaller to be interested in such neglected topics like Korean War and associated events, and worse, they are fading away as well. We bid a final farewell to a few in the recent few months here.
The best you can get are leads, and Stig provided you with a lead - serial number of the aircraft involved. It is your problem, what are you going to do with that information, but this is certainly not a reason for personal attack.
Franek
Old 28th June 2023, 12:46
Alter Hase

researcher111 will become famous soon enough

You mix yourself into something which
is not topic related , you take party and
play the judge on here keen to continue
this nonsense .

With the risk it may sound rude
I'll tell you this :

It takes me a second to think and a
minute to express what I think about
your " historical expertise "

Last but not least I visited your Polish
FaceBook ,whereby not even your profile photo is
genuine , good enough to put you on ignore list
Old 28th June 2023, 14:57
Alter Hase

Adriano Baumgartner is on a distinguished road

Alex,

I felt your grudge on your first answer to my reply and congratulations for your nice discoveries and researches. And I confirm this on the way you answered to the other members of this Board.

Be aware that the memory is selective...so what you heard may be one facet of the truth...you need to check files, Official, documents, etc...and re-cross-check them (am sure you know the game). So, you do have interviews with 2 or 3 veterans, some 5-6 decades after the events of the Korean War (F-80 or F-86)...and you have what the Official records (USAF) says (TF-33). You pick your bet and write what you believe is your version of the fates and information you do have at hands.

Just for emphasize what I am saying...I was in touch with a RAF Mosquito Navigator who said he was shot down by at least six (6) Me 262 in July 1944...but the facts are that he was shot down by a Bf 109 G-6 probably using MW-50. This is why he "believed" he had seen the contrails of the jets...and six jets (at that period of 1944, very doubtful)...So you can see that first hand accounts of events that ocurred circa 40-50 years ago can be a bit blurred.

Good luck to you and try to be a bit more polite on this Board with those who answer and try to help, or just congratulate you and your knowledge. I have seen before only one similar person with that attitude down here. On the other hand, this Board and Forum allowed me to establish and make new friendships with more than a dozen persons around the Globe, linked by the same passion and common interests.

All the best for you and hope you will find the truth between the two answers you do have so far.

A.
Old 28th June 2023, 15:50
Super Moderator

John Beaman is an unknown quantity at this point

I am locking this thread. It is pointless and going nowhere.
Closed Thread