Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13th January 2005, 12:29

DIRKIO
looking for help about 8th AAf 3rd Bomb Division

Dear Sirs,
on my researches for my book about the Fliegrhorst Sandhofen, I was checking which Bomber Unit was doing the main attack on the airfield on 14 Aug 1944. I found on the ATTCk Chart the following written :
92nd A&B CW. I thought it is the 92nd attack and bombing combat wing. But researchin this I found only out that there is a 92nd bomardment group. The Mission flewn to the airfield was called Mission 552 and had 72 B-17.
Any, any help would be highly appreciated.
greetings from Coleman airfield
Dirk
www.fliegerhorst-sandhofen-coleman.de

Hallo,
bei meiner Suche nach den Einheiten die am 14 August 44 mit der Mission 552 der 8thAAF den Fliegerhorst Sandhofen bei Manneim angegriffen haben stecke ich fest. Ich habe fast alle Unterlagen( Briefing chart etc) aber mit den Abkuerzungen komme ich nicht zurecht. Es gab bei der 8thAAF drei BOMB DIVISIONS. Die 3. hat Sandhofen mit 72 B-17 angeflogen. Dazu sind folgende, denke Einheit, vernerkt :92nd A&B CW
Ich dachte das waehre die 92igste Attack and Bomb Combat Wing.
WAs ich fand war die 92nd Bombardment Group aber die ist angeblich nicht den Einsatz geflogen!
Wer kennt sich aus und kann helfen?
Vielen Dank im vorraus

Dirk