Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 6th September 2018, 01:36
Alter Hase

edwest2 will become famous soon enoughedwest2 will become famous soon enough
Re: Axis airplanes captured by Allied troops on Klagenfurt airfield, Austria, 1945

I hope the following is helpful:

https://www.asisbiz.com/Luftwaffe/bkroatien.html
https://www.asisbiz.com/Luftwaffe/kroatien.html

An old thread that adds detail. http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/archiv...p?t-17097.html

Last edited by edwest2; 6th September 2018 at 03:01.
Old 6th September 2018, 02:15

ChristianK is on a distinguished road
Re: Axis airplanes captured by Allied troops on Klagenfurt airfield, Austria, 1945

Thank you both!

Chris, this photo was actually taken at Klagenfurt-Annabichl and shows the five identically marked Hs 126 I mentioned before (three in the center of the picture, two in the background).

A sixth, marked (white?) "30" and with a blackened fuselage can be seen in the left foreground. Perhaps this one had belonged to a different unit, or was an aircraft actually used for night-attack purposes. Maybe this is the one mentioned in the FIU Report No. 39, equipped with bombslips...
Old 6th September 2018, 05:53
Alter Hase

edwest2 will become famous soon enoughedwest2 will become famous soon enough

Additional information:

https://www.asisbiz.com/Luftwaffe/nbalkan.html
Old 8th September 2018, 12:43

Steve Coates will become famous soon enoughSteve Coates will become famous soon enough

Just to clear things, it's been established in correspondence with Stefaan that CQ+HH was indeed found at Klagenfurt rather than in the Western Desert. Bizarrely though the Stkz was misquoted in the FIU Report.
Old 21st August 2019, 15:36

lumabe is on a distinguished road

Hello,
A croat biplane with the croat crosses on the wings and on the side was at Klagenfurt between a Fw 190 and some german and hungarian Ar 96 training aircraft. I think this plane was a Zmar Fizir FP2 but i'm not 100% sure. Do you have some informations about it ? Do you know if this plane had a four number painted on the side after the cross like some croat planes at this time in the end of the war ?

And i have the same request about a fuselage part of maybe a Do 17z2 with also a croat cross on the side but it's impossible to see a four number. An artist profile exist showing this plane with a yellow band around the engines covers from the LuftwaffenKommando 4 and with spiral painted on the propeller pan. Do you have some informations about it ?

Thank you very much in advance,
Best regards,
Lumabe.
Old 21st August 2019, 16:16

Steve Coates will become famous soon enoughSteve Coates will become famous soon enough

There are no details given for the Do 17 in the FIU Report other than to state one captured. Equally no real detail given for the miscellaneous types but it does confirm that other than the German machines, one of the following types was captured: Vercelli 8105, B.51, Bu191C and Viet 200. I am pretty unfamiliar with these types so don't know if this helps at all.
Old 21st August 2019, 16:25

Hey Lumabe,

it's "0402" - see attachment. I do not know, however, if there was more than one croatian Do 17 at Klagenfurt..

Cheers,
Christian

Last edited by ChristianK; 24th November 2020 at 11:48.
Old 21st August 2019, 16:34

Here you can see the (same?) plane still on its feet. Not much to discern here, but yellow cowlings and spinner spirals are perfectly possible.

Last edited by ChristianK; 24th November 2020 at 11:48.
Old 22nd August 2019, 12:58

lumabe is on a distinguished road

Thank you very much ChristianK.

I have this picture found on the web, but the quality was very poor and it was impossible to see the numbers with a light post process.

This is the picture of the croatian biplan

I think to see a black letter "V" on the side after the cross.

Best regards
Lumabe
Old 22nd August 2019, 14:45

Kaiyan

I think you are looking at this machine Fizir FP2 there are several pics of it out on the net... this came from the old LEMB...

Last edited by Kaiyan; 7th February 2021 at 10:17.