Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 17th February 2008, 11:34

Bish38 is on a distinguished road
Rudel's G-1

Hi all, great sight. Hopefully you guys can help. I am looking for information on Rudels Ju 87 G-1. I read through an old post on hear on Rudels G-2, which has already helped alot. Someone mentioned Rudels G-1 with B2 on the spats. The info i have gives the aircraft code as T6+BB with the the tank symbol on the engine cover. Can anyone confirm if this is correct. From what i can gather the BB is not correct for the III Gruppe and only the Pz staffels had the tank symbol painted on. Any help would really be appreciated.
Old 17th February 2008, 21:49

Brettas is on a distinguished road
Re: Rudel's G-1

These are the information that I have.
Ju87G-1, T6 + BB, Pz.J.Sta. /St.G2, flown by Hptm. Hans-Ulrich Rudel.
http://airwar.hihome.com/gwp/stuka/p...87g-cannon.jpg
See this link:
http://hsfeatures.com/features04/ju87g172cw_1.htm
I am seeking more information on this aircraft. If you have other images I thank if it can me to send.
Um abraço,
E. Brettas
www.avesdobrasil.com.br
Old 18th February 2008, 03:34

Bish38 is on a distinguished road
Re: Rudel's G-1

Hi, and thanks. The second photo is of the kit i have that was giving me concern. The first one deffinatly confirms that this aircraft had the tank badge. But i didn't realise that Rudel flew with the Pz.J.Sta. Unless he flew this when he went back to Germany to help evaluate the 87G. That would make sense. Thanks for your photo.