Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Reviews > Books and Magazines

Books and Magazines Please use this forum to review or discuss books and magazines.

Old 24th October 2022, 13:12

bearoutwest is on a distinguished road
Re: Savoia-Marchetti S.79 Sparviero 1934-1947. From Airliner and Record-Breaker to Bomber and Torpedo-Bomber 1934.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Beale View Post
.... There is (sorry Bear!) at least something about the different engines tried, also how the basic configuration of the aircraft dictated many of the other aspects such as how the bombs were carried and aimed. Also the author says in the introduction that he did not have space for all the operational material he has gathered and would like to do a further volume on that side of the story. ....

Cool. Happy to be corrected. I admit to being happily sidetracked on the gun position and structural framing photos/drawings.
Old 24th October 2022, 13:26
Super Moderator

Nick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura about
Re: Savoia-Marchetti S.79 Sparviero 1934-1947. From Airliner and Record-Breaker to Bomber and Torpedo-Bomber 1934.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearoutwest View Post
Cool. Happy to be corrected. I admit to being happily sidetracked on the gun position and structural framing photos/drawings.
I don’t blame you, they’re really interesting!
Old 25th March 2023, 08:13

Siko54 is on a distinguished road

Just to add my thoughts - this is a fabulous and indeed lavishly illustrated book. I got this on a bit of a whim but the author does a fantastic job of showing the many achievements of this wonderfully iconic aircraft, particularly the various air races and it’s sterling service as a torpedo bomber. I have never really been that interested in Italian aircraft but this has whetted my appetite for more as the design and service of this aircraft is truly fascinating indeed. Anyway, highly recommended from me, one of the most enjoyable books in the Crecy Classic series to date.