Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 12th August 2007, 16:25

A Castle is on a distinguished road
Books That Contain Detailed Accounts of Luftwaffe Units Invoved in Defense Of The Reich- Specifically Wilhelmshaven Area on May 21, 1943

Hello,

I need information on what Luftwaffe Units took part in the defense of the Reich- specifically the Wilhelmshaven Area on May 21, 1943. I am also interested in suggestions of what books you recommend, that might have detailed accounts of the action that day from the perspective of the German pilots. Unit Histories of the Luftwaffe units, etc. Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Arthur Castle

ab_castle@hotmail.com
Old 12th August 2007, 21:27

FrancisM is on a distinguished road
Re: Books That Contain Detailed Accounts of Luftwaffe Units Invoved in Defense Of The Reich- Specifically Wilhelmshaven Area on May 21, 1943

Arthur,

there is a detailed account of this day's action in my book "Die Jäger der Graf Zeppelin" published by myself in 2002.
See
www.marshall-verlag.homepage.t-online.de
for full details.

Francis
Old 13th August 2007, 03:38

Tom Semenza
Re: Books That Contain Detailed Accounts of Luftwaffe Units Invoved in Defense Of The Reich- Specifically Wilhelmshaven Area on May 21, 1943

The units involved were I./JG 1, Stab, I. & II./JG 11, 2./JG 27 and III/JG 54 and a Schwarm from Erpr. Kdo. 25. Detailed sources include:

English Language:
Donald Caldwell & Richard Muller, "The Luftwaffe Over Germany"
Eric Mombeek, "Defenders of the Reich, JG 1, Vol. 2, 1943"

German Language:
Jochen Prien & Peter Rodeike, "Jagdgeschwader 1 und 11, Teil 1, 1939-1943"
Prien, Rodeike & Stemmer, "Stab und I./Jagdgeschwader 27"

Tom