Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Reviews > Books and Magazines

Books and Magazines Please use this forum to review or discuss books and magazines.

Old 14th July 2011, 23:51

FinishForty is on a distinguished road
New Book About B-24s in the Pacific

I invite forum readers to check out my new book, Finish Forty and Home. Finish Forty and Home is the story of men and missions of the 11th Bomb Group and its operations in the vast Pacific. Laura Hillenbrand, bestselling author of Unbroken, had this to say in the acknowledgements of her most recent book:

"The author of the beautifully written Finish Forty and Home, Phil Scearce, knows the world of the AAF's Pacific airmen better than any other historian. As I wrote this book, Phil was singularly generous, sharing his voluminous research, directing me to sources, and helping me sort through many a quandary. I am forever in his debt."

Finish Forty and Home was the top prize winner at the 2010 Mayborn Literary Nonfiction Conference.

You can read excerpts and more about the book at the site linked below.
There you'll also find a link to the book's Facebook page, where I have posted a number of interesting old photos which I hope you will enjoy. Thanks so much,

Phil Scearce
Old 20th August 2011, 23:18

FinishForty is on a distinguished road
Re: New Book About B-24s in the Pacific

"Finish Forty and Home" is now #1 on Amazon's list for Aviation Military History! My hope is that it will honor the World War II airmen whose stories fill the book's pages. The audiobook is also now available. I invite forum members to contact me if you'd like to have a signed book plate for your copy. Thank you! http://www.amazon.com/Finish-Forty-Home-Literary-Nonfiction/dp/1574413163/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1307292732&sr=8-1
Old 21st August 2011, 18:05
Alter Hase

Stig Jarlevik will become famous soon enough
Re: New Book About B-24s in the Pacific

Phil

Since I am interested in the Pacific, can you please compare your book with Larry Hickey's books (Eagle over the Pacific series)

I am particularly interested in the loss figures with complete serialnumber details etc. Are any such details included in your book?

Cheers
Stig