Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Reviews > Books and Magazines

Books and Magazines Please use this forum to review or discuss books and magazines.

Old 25th November 2006, 23:37

pstrany
Status of Fw 190D/Ta 152 Books??

Hi;

I have possession of JaPo's first volume on the Fw190D, any prognostications for the arrival of the second volume?

Along the same lines, Eagle Publications also planned a two volume set, which it occurs to me was stipulated would be out AFTER the second volume of the JaPo work? Any word there as well? Hopefully these volumes will not all emerge at once, as my pocketbook is a bit sparse at this moment (although I would rather be forced to make the decision now rather than have to wait another few years.)

Also along the same lines, Monogram Aviation was also supposed to be coming out with a book on the Ta 152 (I believe I have a pre-paid copy reserved - its been a while!) any word on this either?

And, of course, any word on prospective (or recently released) books on any of the Fw 190 family of aircraft would be MOPST welcome!!
Old 26th November 2006, 00:47

Andrew Arthy will become famous soon enoughAndrew Arthy will become famous soon enough
Re: Status of Fw 190D/Ta 152 Books??

Hi,

Morten Jessen and I are working on the sequel to our Focke-Wulf 190 in North Africa book. We are covering FW 190 units and operations in the Mediterranean between 14 May 1943 and 1 July 1944.

This sequel is going to be a significant improvement on our previous work, with more first-hand accounts, and some nice photos. It will also be a bigger book than our previous effort.

While the book is well advanced, it will be a couple of years before it is finished and available.

If anyone out there has information that could add to the story of the FW 190 over Sicily, Italy, and southern France, from the German or Allied perspective, please contact me.

We're also working on a project dealing with an air campaign on the Eastern Front, which features a couple of FW 190 units. This one is progressing well, but is a long way from being completed.

Cheers,
Andrew Arthy