Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 4th September 2005, 12:25

screamin66 is on a distinguished road
Question Major Franz Eisenach 3./JG 54 & I./JG 54

I used to post on the old board. Have been in Iraq for 7 months & was in Korea for a month before that so I've been busy. Have been researching Major Franz Eisenach for a few years. My mother's family name is Eisenach & I first learned of Franz after training in Grafenwoehr, Germany. With the help of others I was able to assemble Franz's victory list. I know he passed away when I was in Germany in 1998. What I have been trying to figure out with no luck is who he flew with in 3./JG 54 & I./JG 54. Are any of these pilots still alive? I have seen color profiles of his plane, but no pictures. I have been able to gather several pictures of Franz, but always interested in more. I know he was out of action from late 1943 until mid-1944, but I think he was wounded two other times. Did he have a brother that was also in JG 54 at one time? I think he was married, but did he have any children? If so, are they still alive? I would like to be able to do more research when I get out of the army in 4 years. I have been helped in the past by a German friend who passed away, and have had no luck since then. This is purely part of family research, and I have also been studying the Kleinheinz from Wildflecken in the world wars. SL
Old 26th September 2005, 22:41

robinoc is on a distinguished road
Re: Major Franz Eisenach 3./JG 54 & I./JG 54

Screamin'

E-mail me.

Bob
JG 54 Webpage