Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 20th April 2005, 00:46

Kari Lumppio is on a distinguished road
List of Luftwaffe unit war diaries in archives?

Dear fellow enthusiasts!

Does there exist any list of the Luftwaffe flying unit war diaries (Kriegstagbuch, KTB) which have survived and are held in archive(s)? Like Bundesarchiv etc.? I certainly am not the only one who would find such research aid useful? The archival codes would be a welcomed dressing.

Thanking in advance,

Kari

PS
Personally I am most interested of the units serving under Lfl 1 and 5, East Front and the rest in decreasing interest level order. The only one I know for sure is III/SG4 KTB, which is held at BA-MA (though I don't have the signature).
Old 20th April 2005, 03:05
Alter Hase

Franek Grabowski is on a distinguished road
Re: List of Luftwaffe unit war diaries in archives?

Hello Kari
I think I have somewhere a pdf file with the list of KTBs held at BAMA. Drop me an email. Perhaps you will work out an easy to use list of resources for particular units?
PS Endel's navigator passed away.