Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 23rd February 2022, 12:31

Steve Coates will become famous soon enoughSteve Coates will become famous soon enough
Re: LuftwaffeData Wiki

Andy

Am I correct in thinking that you used to provide a downloadable PDF of the notes derived from each DEFE 3 file? I found these very helpful but can no longer see these. I appreciate it's not a massive amount of extra effort to create my own but just wondered as to the driver for this decision.

Steve
Old 23rd February 2022, 22:21

Andy Mitchell will become famous soon enoughAndy Mitchell will become famous soon enough

Steve,

I still produce a pdf version but only distributed that via e-mail.

On the earlier site I suffered from issues related to some of the downloads.

If you would like the pdf version send me a pm with your e-mail address and I'll send you the file. (I have a Word version as well..)

Given that production of this one was delayed for nearly a year, due to other commitments, don't hold your breath waiting for the next one....

Andy Mitchell

LuftwaffeData Wiki including the history of Aufklgr. 122
Old 25th February 2022, 10:59

Andy Mitchell will become famous soon enoughAndy Mitchell will become famous soon enough

Steve,

I have updated each of the individual DEFE 3 pages to now include a link to a pdf version of the notes.

Hope that this helps.

Thanks for reading

Andy Mitchell

Old 4th March 2022, 11:45

Good morning,

Since the last full update the following changes have taken place on the Luftwaffedata Wiki:-

1. As indicated on my post of 25th Feb all of the DEFE3 pages have been updated to include links to downloadable pdf copies of the notes. Thanks to Steve Coates for drawing my attention to the lack of those pdf files since the new site had been built.

2. Update to Aufkl. Gr. 123 1943 for 4 to 10 Jan 1943 ; 11 Jan 1943; 13 Mar 1943; 23 to 26 Mar 1943 and 28 to 30 Mar 1943. Majority of the information derived from DEFE 3 files.

3. New page created in memory of Siegfried Hagen, a member of 6.(F)/122 who was lost in a crash on 22.11.44 - information and documents kindly supplied by Ulrich Habermann, Siegfried's nephew.

4. Update to Aufkl. Gr. 123 1942 for 24 Dec 1942 covering the loss of Fw Alois Ripplinger and Lt. Bernhard Frank - photo of Ripplinger included together with the 486 (NZ) Sqdn combat report. Thanks to Dave Wadman for the documents and the detail.

and last but not least -

5. New pages created for the Nahaufklärungsgruppen including Reconciliation of Formation Data; Staffeln Subordinated; Aufklärungsstaffeln - Disbandment & Redesignation and Nahaufklärungsgruppen - Reconciliation as of 5 July 1943. In addition pages for the following units have also been created - Nahaufklärungsgruppe 1; Stab/NAGr. 1; 1./NAGr. 1; 2./NAGr. 1; 3./NAGr. 1; Nahaufklärungsgruppe 2; Stab/NAGr. 2; 1./NAGr. 2; 2./NAGr. 2 and 3./NAGr. 2. All text kindly supplied by Larry de Zeng IV.

Many thanks for reading.

Additions and correction (with sources) always welcome.

Andy Mitchell

Old 4th March 2022, 12:39

Steve Coates will become famous soon enoughSteve Coates will become famous soon enough

Andy

Thanks. Worked perfectly. I've downloaded the most recent file. I'll remain patient for the next one!

Steve
Old 4th March 2022, 12:42

Steve,

Many thanks for your support.

Will be uploading more changes in the coming weeks.

Work has started on the next DEFE3 file as well.

Andy Mitchell

Old 4th March 2022, 21:26

Schlageter is on a distinguished road

Amazing work with the NAGr.! Thank you so much
Old 4th March 2022, 21:43

Schlageter,

Many thanks for the kind comments - the NAGr. is all Larry's work, I am just the means of getting it out there.

There is much more to come.

Andy Mitchell

Old 11th March 2022, 23:23

Good Evening,

Since the last full update the following changes have taken place on the Luftwaffedata Wiki:-

1. Update to 2.(F)/Aufkl.Gr. 11 (3d Formation) in the section "Additional Notes and Losses", new entries for 2, 3 and 5 Sep 1939. Information from https://wwii.germandocsinrussia.org site.

2. Some updates and new pages under the Lw.-Bau-Btl. category, please see the Updates page for details.

3. Some while ago Adam Thomson supplied an image celebrating 3.(F)/122's 1500th Feindflug - I have finally added this to the Aufkl. Gr. 122 Aug 1942 page! Thanks Adam.

4. New pages created for Nahaufklärungsgruppe 3; Stab/NAGr. 3; 1./NAGr. 3; 2./NAGr. 3; Nahaufklärungsgruppe 4; Stab/NAGr. 4; 1./NAGr. 4; 2./NAGr. 4; 3./NAGr. 4 (1st Formation) and 3./NAGr. 4 (2nd Formation). All text kindly supplied by Larry de Zeng IV.

5. New pages created for Nahaufklärungsgruppe 5; Stab/NAGr. 5; 1./NAGr. 5; 2./NAGr. 5; Nahaufklärungsgruppe 6; Stab/NAGr. 6; 1./NAGr. 6 and 2./NAGr. 6. All text kindly supplied by Larry de Zeng IV.

Many thanks for reading.

Additions and corrections (with sources) always welcome.

Andy Mitchell

Old 12th March 2022, 00:31

Andy / Larry

Much appreciated.

Steve