Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 9th February 2018, 02:58
Alter Hase

Larry deZeng will become famous soon enoughLarry deZeng will become famous soon enough
Re: German Luftwaffe Groundcrew

Thanks for your kind words, Ed and Snautzer. We all try to perform some worthwhile function in our lives and leave something of use to others. You two do the same with your tireless and relentless research on ebay, and yes, I have benefited from your work, too. Ebay photos appear from time-to-time that show various aspects of landing areas, hangars, workshops at airfields, usually in the background and these are very helpful for my work on airfields, especially those im Osten (in the East). I would be ignorant of these were it not for your diligent efforts to bring the photos to our attention. Thank you!

Larry deZ.
Old 9th February 2018, 12:13
Alter Hase

Snautzer will become famous soon enough

Larry i will start a thread just about the Fliegerhorst, were various aspects of landing areas, hangars, workshops at airfields found on eBay will be posted. And i have a small collection of airfield pictures on my hd coming from eBay collected of some time and i have the Evidence in camera series with many aerial pictures of airfields. If you have use for it just let me know.
Old 9th February 2018, 16:40

Gymning is on a distinguished road

Thank you guys for all your input. Really great. I must say, I have got a tons of information that brings up the subject regarding Luftwaffe ground crews with really nice pictures regarding Geschwader and so on. I would gladly share those. It's from Osprey Publisher, a really great source of info. Still, they don't bring up the air bases itself.
Stefan
Old 9th February 2018, 17:17

Hello Larry
Your site regarding airbases are great. Interesting and I found it quite a while ago and it really got me hooked regarding a more detailed fact finding campaign, so to speak. As I found an air base of interest, and there are plenty of them, I looked things up. Also, for an example, I looked up Slovak Air Force and could find a complete list and information of where, what and etc. You have done a real great job, extremely impressing.
Stefan
Old 9th February 2018, 18:59
Alter Hase

Larry deZeng will become famous soon enoughLarry deZeng will become famous soon enough

Many thanks for that, Snautzer. We can forget Evidence in Camera because the RAF and USAAF were not able to fly photo reconnaissance over Russian airfields. But the Luftwaffe did and I already have access to thousands of these for Russia, although the collection is not complete. The ground photos from Ebay will definitely be useful as the aerials were almost all taken from 6,500 to 7,000 meters altitude and the distinction and sharpness of features in the photo is not very good at that height.

L.
Old 12th February 2018, 16:46

I was going to upload files regarding the subject, one intelligence report regarding the subject German Luftwaffe maintenance or Werft at airbases, plus several Osprey books in the subject, but my files are to big to do so. Any idea from anyone who succeed with this?
Stefan