Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 13th February 2018, 21:02
Alter Hase

Dénes Bernád will become famous soon enough
Photo of Hptm. Gerhard Wengel (Kommandeur of I./JG 5) sought.

I am looking for a publishable scan of Hptm. Gerhard Wengel (Kommandeur of I./JG 5), for an upcoming book I am about to finish. He died in action on 10 January 1944, over Sofia.
Many thanks, in advance, for the help.
Old 14th February 2018, 17:35

natttuppen is on a distinguished road
Re: Photo of Hptm. Gerhard Wengel (Kommandeur of I./JG 5) sought.

There is a photo in Eismeerjäger, Band 3 by Eric Mombeek. See page 203. The photo, taken in Schwerin in Augst 1943, shows a group with Galland, Wengel, Gerlach and Senoner (the three last-named from JG 5). Unfortunately I lack access to decent scanning-equipment, so can not post the photo here.
Old 14th February 2018, 17:50
Alter Hase

Dénes Bernád will become famous soon enough
Re: Photo of Hptm. Gerhard Wengel (Kommandeur of I./JG 5) sought.

Thank you for the pointer. I will contact Erik, in the hope that I can secure from him a scan of this pilot.