Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Allied and Soviet Air Forces

Allied and Soviet Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the Air Forces of the Western Allies and the Soviet Union.

Old 31st August 2019, 06:06

Courtois Laurent is on a distinguished road
Re: 107 Wins for Normandy-Niemen in October 1944: Myth or Reality?

Hello Dan,
Thank you very much for your answer. I began to be saddened by the lack of response. Historical thinking is like a tennis match, if no one returns you the ball, the game does not last long ....
Thank you for the information on the luft, because it's really my weak point.
I have some Russian knowledge and a lot of work capacity, so I'm doing pretty well with the Soviet archives.
For each day of this month of October, I translated the archives of all 303rd Air Division.
That of Normandy- (Niemen), are fragmented but growing with that of the divisions, other regiments have managed to fill a lot gap. Especially if we can contextualize the facts with the war on the ground.
I will provide for the disappearance of Haffner and the Trenkel crash the detailed schedules of all units of the 303 IAD, along with the detailed analytical maps. even if this will not get the truth, it will eliminate a lot of hypoyhesis formulate.
But, we'll have to wait a week because now I'm doing the funeral of my father.
Old 4th September 2019, 17:02

rof120 is on a distinguished road
Sorry for this

Hello Laurent,

Too bad I just discovered your post from 31 August. I am (certainly we all are) very sorry that you recently lost your father. This is always a hard blow and not easy to overcome so be courageous, just take your time and rest. Simply come back here "when you feel good and ready". All the best to you.
Old 4th September 2019, 18:41
Alter Hase

Adriano Baumgartner is on a distinguished road
Re: 107 Wins for Normandy-Niemen in October 1944: Myth or Reality?

Mr. Laurent,

Guynemer disait déjà: "Faire Face!"...so, some times doors do close in front of our noses...and we need time to open other doors. Am sure you are doing a magnificent Historical Job and, like others, will await a futur publication (hope so) in French (lived there 4 years and just had been back with Family, after 30 years since I leaved).

Do not give up even though all your answers are not answered back.

I lost my father some 15 years ago...and he had not seen me graduating or my son...but am sure that, wherever he is, he may be proud of the fruits of his (and mother's) Education.

Do comprehend you, like Rof120 (another French Historian you may know). Faire Face!
And do Honour the Memory of your father, finishing your work about those French Eagles who endured the Eastern Front away from their houses and loved ones, fighting a "different" war.

All the best and there is Always Sunshine after the fierest storms...

Baumgartner