Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 6th August 2020, 11:50

ZhekaB is on a distinguished road
Deciphering some entries in the flight book

Good health to all.
May be sombody could help me to read these two entries in the flight book. It should be German, I beleave

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dw9...ew?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Rt7...ew?usp=sharing

At the beginning, as I understand it, the altitude is indicated. It's all that I could understand..
Old 6th August 2020, 16:36

borborygm is on a distinguished road
Re: Deciphering some entries in the flight book

In 4000m Höhe 1000m über uns auf Gegenkurs.Kehrt. Ostwärts parallel geflogen und gestiegen. Als sie uns sieht kurvt und drückt sie nach Osten(?) weg. Abgeschossen. Treffer in meiner Motorhaube(?)

At 4000m altitude 1000m above us un reciprocal course. Flew eastwardly parallel and climbed. When shesees us, turns and pushes away to east(?). Shot down. Hits in my engine cowling(?)

Auf Gegenkurs unter den Wolken angetroffen. Kehrt gemacht und hinterher durch ca. 300m Wolkendecke Oben von hinten rangezogen. Mit 2 kurzen Feuerstössen linke Fläche in Brand geschossen. Brennend durch die Wolken gefallen und aufgeschlagen.

Met on opposite course beneath clouds. Turned round and went after through ca. 300m overcast. Above pulled near. With 2 short bursts set left wing on fire. Went burning through the clouds and crashed.
Old 6th August 2020, 17:11

Wow, borborygm! Very, very thanks!
Old 6th August 2020, 18:09

VtwinVince is on a distinguished road

Interesting entries, whose Flugbuch is it?
Old 7th August 2020, 10:01

It's from Schonfelder's flight book. His two kills in october 1944 over East Prussia.