Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 28th March 2018, 17:08
Alter Hase

Rottler will become famous soon enough
Re: Richard Heller 8./ZG26 Me110E codes

Here are the entries in the Gen.Qu. reports in chronological order in comparison to the above-mentioned informations:

Gen.Qu. from 3 January 1942:
24.11.1941 III./ZG 26 Feindflug Ort: bei Segen, Ursache: M.G.-Beschuss, no info about the aircraft, Ofw Heller, Richard verletzt

Gen.Qu. from 8 January 1942:
24.12.1941 III./ZG 26 Heimatverlust Category 22 (= Totalverlust bei Ausbildungs- und sonstigem Flug ohne Feindauftrag/destroyed on a non-operational flight without enemy action) Auftrag: Tatoi-Castelli, Ursache: unbekannt
Bf 110 Werk-Nr. folgt, 100%
F Hptm Steinberger, Thomas (St.Kpt.) vermisst
Bf Uffz Müller, Herbert vermisst

Gen.Qu. 1st correction from 3 February 1942:
Füge hinzu: F Fw Hohmann, Max vermisst

Gen.Qu. addition from 13 February 1942:
Füge hinzu: Werk-Nr. 4436, Kennzeichen 3U+OS

Gen.Qu. 2nd correction from 22 January 1943:
Besatzung Hptm Steinberger gefallen.

Regards
Leo
Old 28th March 2018, 21:14

Nick Hector will become famous soon enoughNick Hector will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMoz99 View Post
Nick, probably unlike most members of this forum, I am more into model building than nth degree detail history. My spend is mostly on plastic and resin, not paper.
I won't go into the boring detail of how I select my subjects - suffice to say they are very many and must have some significance.
While I do have a reasonable collection of books, some of them have apparently now been debunked, and my main interest precludes me from buying the more often than not expensive tomes which may or may not have the answers to my usually simple questions. I am left with what is available to me.
So you are right - I don't have the knowledge or resources many of you on this forum have, but that's the whole point. I ask questions in the hope that someone will be kind enough to put in the time to provide the answer if it is known. There's no demand or requirement for anyone to respond.
And I certainly don't expect to be attacked because of my lack of knowledge. To assume all members of this forum operate at the same level is probably unrealistic.
Peter
Well then by all means, happy modelling.
If you have ever wondered what "attacks" are all about... ...there's never any harm in sending a PM and asking what the causes of animosity etc really are.
What might look like a "bad joke" to you, might have a real reason. (For example... are you comfortable with wartime service portraits being decorated with silly memes and posted on facebook...? Nope, me neither)

So if ever in doubt again, PM me. Ask.
Old 28th March 2018, 22:26
Super Moderator

Nick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMoz99 View Post
While I do have a reasonable collection of books, some of them have apparently now been debunked … I don't have the knowledge or resources many of you on this forum have …
Peter
Don't do yourself down, Peter. If you've recognised that books can be fallible and that it's worth cross-checking I'd say you know something really important.