PDA

View Full Version : The pilot of Reichminister Albert Speer

winston
11th November 2009, 01:49
Major Erich Adam
Does someone can tell me details about this officer's career?

Doug Stankey
11th November 2009, 04:22
Here is what we have on this guy:

ADAM, Erich.
DOB: 22.07.10.
01.11.41 promo to Hptm.
08.12.41 awarded Ehrenpokal
21.03.42 Hptm., appt Staka 11./KG 40 (to 21.05.42).
01.11.44 promo to Maj.

Can you confirm that he was Speer’s pilot? Where did this information come from? Was he permanently assigned to Speer or was this a one time thing?

HLdZ
DGS

winston
12th November 2009, 00:58
Doug:

YESSSSSSS!!! It is "MY" Erich Adam, 90% sure! Yahooo! :))))

Thank you for your information Doug, you are a Prince. :)

This officer, is probably the same that crash-landed a FW 200 of I Gruppe KG40 near my village in the south of Portugal tha 9th February 1941.

If it is the same Erich Adam (by then a Oberleutnant) he escaped from here and returned to base in Bordeaux.

The information about beeing Speer's pilot, comes from the book

"Hitler's Squadron: The Fuherer's Personal Aircraft and Transportation Unit" by C.G. Sweeting

There you can read in page 89: (quote)
(...) Major Erich Adam, the pilot for Reichminister Albert Speer, lost his FW 200 C6/U2 , TA+MR, Wnr. 0126 (this is wrong: it was 0216) in a bombing raid and that night flew a He-111 transport (end quote)

I checked and the info about the TA+MR confirms.

Can you be so kind as to confirm where you got the info about the career of Erich Adam?

Thank You

Larry deZeng
12th November 2009, 01:16
Winston -

You know that you can e-mail BA-MA Freiburg and ask for a copy of Adam's Karte from the Karteikarten that will give you all his wartime assignments, his training, his promotions, his decorations and probably his place of birth. Tell them that you are a local historian from your town and you are writing a historical article about the crash-landing on 9 February 1941. Whatever you do, do not let them think you are a collector or a sympathizer.

Larry (HLdeZ)

winston
12th November 2009, 01:32
Larry: I did not knew... I supose I am a bit "green" in historic investigation. :)
Thank you very much for the information.