PDA

View Full Version : 1./JG77 G-2/Trop "Weisse 6". Insigna question to Dr. Prien

ouidjat
15th January 2020, 17:02
Hi Gents,
Hello Jochen,

In your JFV Teil 8.II, page 303, Abb. 383 you wrote "Weisse 6" had a personal emblem under canopy: "Three playing cards ... "
Sorry to ask you but where did you see them?
Did you have another machine in mind?

Thank you for your answer.
Regards,
Franck.

Jochen Prien
15th January 2020, 21:50
Franck,

I don't see the three playing cards and I didn't say I did. Just read the caption carefully - it only says that the a/c allegedly carried this personal emblem, the information coming from a contemporary allied report.

Regards

Jochen Prien

Jochen Prien
15th January 2020, 21:59
Further to my above comment I may add that from a number of photos showing this a/c that have come to light since the publication of JFV Vol. 8/II it appears that in fact there was no personal emblem showing three playing cards on the fuselage side below the cockpit sill.

KR

Jochen Prien

ouidjat
16th January 2020, 09:39
Good morning,

Thank you very much for this point Jochen, you made it clear.
And yes, I'm not a good German reader, I'm sorry.

Best Regards,
Franck.

PS: Shall I keep it as WNr10558 as captioned in JG77, III, page 1828 ? :)

ouidjat
16th January 2020, 09:40
Further to my above comment I may add that from a number of photos showing this a/c that have come to light since the publication of JFV Vol. 8/II it appears that in fact there was no personal emblem showing three playing cards on the fuselage side below the cockpit sill.

KR

Jochen Prien

Yes indeed that's the reason I did ask you. I thought that maybe that emblem had been overpainted ...

Franek Grabowski
16th January 2020, 11:36
I cannot resist...
http://www.polishairforce.pl/dyw318zdj/7.jpg

ouidjat
16th January 2020, 14:52
Ah ah ah,
Not the same machine but I understand you Franek :)
I was thinking, instead, of some Erg. Merseburg crest .... I'm kidding, indeed.
Regards,
Franck.

Franek Grabowski
17th January 2020, 17:53
Just a joke. Though it is interesting, why those cards were mentioned in the report.