PDA

View Full Version : Hubert Lange KG51

Roger Gaemperle
26th February 2007, 16:51
Hello,

I recently received some documents (Wehrpass and Soldbuch, etc.) of a former KG51 pilot who flew 15 combat missions with the Me 262. His Wehrpass and Soldbuch state that he was awarded the Knight Cross and German Cross in Gold. However, these awards were issued by 14 Fl. Div. in spring 1945 and it so far it couldn't be proven by a second source that he actually got these awards. He flew more than 200 Feindflüge in total.

I posted some photos and information on a Militaria collecting forum, but so far the DKiG and KC remains a mystery. The thread has already over 90 posts and therefore I didn't want to copy paste everything to TOCH but rather show the link as a basis for dicussion on TOCH:

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198966

I hope that some of the TOCH members can add information that could explain the entries in the Wehrpass.

There war an article in the German magazine FLUGZEUG and also in a British aircraft magazine about Lange that contains some more information about his career if anyone is interested.

Kind regards
Roger Gaemperle

Roger Gaemperle
26th February 2007, 17:24
PS: I forgot to mention that Lange claimed 5 aircraft as destroyed while flying Me 262 with KG51. The claims are mentioned in the Wehrpass, but not in the logbook nor Leistungsbuch. Seems strange to me and I am not sure if he actually shot down these 5 aircraft.

Regards
Roger Gaemperle

Dan O'Connell
27th February 2007, 04:37
Hello Roger, I read all the posts, interesting. Are there WN of the 262's in his Flugbuch?

Roger Gaemperle
27th February 2007, 07:02
Hello Dan,

No, there are not Wk.Nr., just 9K+ codes. Interestingly, he didn't write "Me 262" but "Silber".
(which for those who don't know was the code name for the Me 262)

Regards
Roger

Dan O'Connell
27th February 2007, 20:22
Interesting. Thanks Roger!

steve sheridan
27th February 2007, 21:35
Hi Roger,
Can you divulge any information regarding Lange's service during the Battle of Britain. What unit was he with, within KG51.
Any help would be most grateful.

Best Regs,
Steve.

Spanferkel
27th February 2007, 22:43
Steve,

Based on the Soldbuch entries it appears that Lange was with 6./ KG 53 "Legion Condor" during the BoB not KG51.

Regards

Jeremy

steve sheridan
27th February 2007, 23:07
Hi Jeremy,
Thanks ever so much for that, would be real keen to learn more!

Bst Rgs,
Steve.