Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Allied and Soviet Air Forces

Allied and Soviet Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the Air Forces of the Western Allies and the Soviet Union.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13th October 2018, 01:26
Alter Hase

Larry is on a distinguished road
Stats on RAF Aircraft in WW2

Where can I find stats on aircraft used by the RAF that will show the cost of manufacture for a particular type. I have read that a Spitfire cost around £5,000 to make in WW2 but where can I find costs to make all the other types, as these don't get mentioned very often.

Also where can I find stats on the average loss rate percentage per type. What I mean by this is, for ever 100 sorties how many aircraft were lost. I have been told that for the Mosquito it was 5% but that might only be in 2 Group RAF.

Any help pointing me in the right direction would be gratefully received.