![]() |
|
|||||||
| Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies. |
|
|
Thread Tools | Display Modes |
|
#11
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Late war Bf 109 pictures source
I would have agreed with Steve regarding the JG6 bands until I read Mols article, but now that I have I think he's got a good case with proof not only in CEARs but at least one photo.
I don't believe the Fels am Wagram machines to be JG6 anyway so for this case it's of no consequence. I'd say aircraft from III or IV JG300 is possible as they had darker blue than I and II gruppe. As an outside possibility, when II./JG51 ended up at Wagram maybe they did paint up their aircraft with Green-white-Green after all? There's no photographs that proves the contrary anyway. It's different with JG52 as there's good photographic evidence that they did not use the bands. It would be quite risky to say the least, for someone to say "let's skip those I.d. markings, we're about to lose anyway" /Anders |
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| Bf 109 in a spin - what was it like? | DavidIsby | Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces | 3 | 11th July 2010 01:54 |
| Bf 109 in East Coast War Bond Drive, 1944 | Richard Muller | Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces | 2 | 2nd February 2010 03:47 |
| Losses - III./JG76 in October 1944 | Andre Stewart | Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces | 10 | 14th October 2009 10:06 |
| Bf 109 E-1s during the Battle of Britain | Christer Bergström | Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces | 10 | 17th June 2006 19:20 |
| Discussion on the air war in Tunisia | Christer Bergström | Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces | 14 | 1st April 2005 18:47 |