Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Allied and Soviet Air Forces

Allied and Soviet Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the Air Forces of the Western Allies and the Soviet Union.

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #12  
Old 22nd October 2013, 20:33
Alex Smart Alex Smart is offline
Alter Hase
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Great Britain
Posts: 4,485
Alex Smart is on a distinguished road
Re: Mosquito claim over Rumania on 3 August 1944

Hello,
Again I do not know if this will help.
540 Sqdn had a detachment in the USSR mainly I think for recce on the Turpitz later on.
Other Mosquito Squadrons had the ability I beleive to overfly Rumania includind 60 SAAF and other RAF/USAAF Sqdns from Italy and the Balkans.

I checked AB serial number books and nothing seems to fit, although there have been typo errors in the past that have come to light. I Checked "W", "DA-DZ", "LA-LZ","MA-MZ" - I may be wrong, but from NA onward production would be too late.

As an after thought maybe it was misidentification after all, and so if you exclude the Soviet types and look at RAF types there were the following ( I may have missed some?) twin engined a/c in the middle east/Italy region.
Albermarle; Baltimore; Hampden; Hudson ; Warwick; Welllington; Blenheim; Beaufighter; Mitchell; Marauder; Catalina (with floats retracted), [ Some were also bases in the USSR, Russians also produced copies too and one even defected].

Alex
Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Losses of LW for the 16 oct 1944 Many Souffan Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces 17 13th August 2019 13:03
Which Allied unit made the attack? Mikael Olrog Allied and Soviet Air Forces 8 31st January 2010 23:20
RAF Wellingtons over Ploesti, August 1944 Mikkel Plannthin Allied and Soviet Air Forces 4 21st November 2006 00:04
Luftwaffe Aces KIA in Normandy in 1944 Christer Bergström Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces 35 13th August 2005 21:10
Lost Liberator- August 01. 1943. Modly Allied and Soviet Air Forces 8 20th February 2005 07:16


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 20:33.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2004 - 2026, 12oclockhigh.net