![]() |
|
|||||||
| Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies. |
|
|
Thread Tools | Display Modes |
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: A ?? RE: B17s in North Africa/Tunisia;
Hello Nick,
I'm probably the last one on this board to accurately answer your question but, I'm currently reading "Messerschmidts Over Sicily" by Johannes Steinhoff and I believe you'll find some of your answers there. If you are referring to late 1943 in that region it seems that the fighter commands were not or could not get supplies, planes and/or experienced pilots as they had at the earlier (and more successful) times of the war along with moral and fatigue seemed a combination to ensure failure. Thats my best guess. I'm sure you'll get more (and better) information soon from the board. thanks Scott |
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| Air war over North Africa | Christer Bergström | Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces | 13 | 3rd November 2013 00:34 |
| Crash in North Sea, August 26, 1944, 379th BG | Marlatt | Allied and Soviet Air Forces | 2 | 13th March 2006 18:52 |
| North Italy Missions | micky | Allied and Soviet Air Forces | 0 | 4th September 2005 09:01 |
| OKL fighter claims in north italy | micky | Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces | 6 | 1st June 2005 14:55 |
| I./JG 27 in North Africa. | Gielle | Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces | 2 | 1st April 2005 12:39 |