![]() |
|
|||||||
| Allied and Soviet Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the Air Forces of the Western Allies and the Soviet Union. |
|
|
Thread Tools | Display Modes |
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: air raid on Ijmuiden
Hi Hans,
I am doing some research for a friend at work. His grandmothers brother was on board the trawler William Stephen when it was topedoed and sunk on 23 October 1943 during a convoy battle off Cromer. I asked a question on another discussion board if anyone knew who had sunk the trawler. The answer I received was E-boat S74 of the 6th Flotilla based at Ijmuiden under the command of Kapitan Leutnant Witts. The same person also told me that the S74 was sunk during an air raid on 11th November 1943. As a follow up to my research I am trying to find out how what Squadron attacked the S74. I will now go back and ask some more questions. Regards, Alex
__________________
If you don't ask, you'll never know |
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| 1941 North Shields Air Raid Disaster - which bomber and where from? | peterb | Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces | 0 | 24th April 2006 17:29 |
| Poltawa air raid, summer 1944 | Kuba Plewka | Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces | 4 | 21st August 2005 11:49 |
| 238 Squadron pilot in the sea 1940 | Jon | Allied and Soviet Air Forces | 26 | 24th July 2005 13:10 |
| The Effect of Numerical Superiority in the Air War | Christer Bergström | Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces | 11 | 3rd March 2005 08:39 |
| Eastern vs Western Front (was: La-7 vs ???) | Christer Bergström | Allied and Soviet Air Forces | 66 | 1st March 2005 19:44 |