Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Allied and Soviet Air Forces

Allied and Soviet Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the Air Forces of the Western Allies and the Soviet Union.

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #8  
Old 18th November 2018, 15:32
Stig Jarlevik Stig Jarlevik is offline
Alter Hase
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,402
Stig Jarlevik will become famous soon enoughStig Jarlevik will become famous soon enough
Re: 85. Squadron 1941

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMoz99 View Post
Which claim do you mean, Stig?
I think Christian is referring to a claim on either 13/14 May 1941 or 13/14 July 1941, and as he refers to the Blitz I'd guess it was May.
I'm not sure Col was saying there was a kill on 13/14 June 1941, just that Raphael flew VY-E on that night.
And on checking my later edition, purchased used on Abebooks a year or so ago, I only just noticed my copy was signed by Shores on 16/8/94.
Peter
Sorry Peter

Just noticed Christian did not state any month in his request, but page 44 of "the Blitz" vol 3 specifically is June and there is a claim made by F/Lt Raphael during the night of 13/14 June.
I planned to update my Aces High with Col's data (VY-E) and was surprised the date was absent.
At first I thought it must be a mistake somewhere, since we have claims the same night in both May and July as well, but no, these claims are also valid.

So I am in fact a bit puzzled

Cheers
Stig
Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Friendly fire WWII Brian Allied and Soviet Air Forces 805 19th August 2026 07:23
RAF and RAAF ORBs available on the Web (new version) Laurent Rizzotti Allied and Soviet Air Forces 66 12th May 2020 13:14
JG3 aces that slipped below the radar Johannes Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces 0 12th March 2012 06:36
RAF losses 5./6. March 1945 JanZ Allied and Soviet Air Forces 13 25th February 2012 12:40
485 Squadron - Collision 28 June 1941 Andy Saunders Allied and Soviet Air Forces 4 10th March 2009 10:18


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:15.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2004 - 2026, 12oclockhigh.net