Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Reviews > Books and Magazines

Books and Magazines Please use this forum to review or discuss books and magazines.

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #7  
Old 2nd December 2018, 09:40
MW Giles MW Giles is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Worcestershire
Posts: 741
MW Giles will become famous soon enough
Re: World War II Sea War, Volume 12: Anzio, Kwajalein, Eniwetok and the Admiralty Islands [off topic]

I have the volumes up to Vol8 and I think they are quite good, though the authors are obviously better acquainted with ships than they are with a/c and you will spot this quite quickly

Cannot comment whether they plagiarise other authors as this is the only source I have on naval operations.

The coverage is a bit varied and in the early volumes the most detail is on RN movements. I think I read somewhere that they started with a database of RN operations and then expanded it to cover other navies. Given the activities of the USN later in the war the later volumes are going to become USN-centric


Martin
Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:54.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2004 - 2026, 12oclockhigh.net