Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Allied and Soviet Air Forces

Allied and Soviet Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the Air Forces of the Western Allies and the Soviet Union.

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #6  
Old 4th April 2008, 21:14
mayfair35 mayfair35 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Southern California
Posts: 106
mayfair35 is on a distinguished road
Re: Don Lopez - 23rd F.G. Ace and Smithsonian Air and Space Legend Passes Away

Hello Mark,

My that was good news that you are who I thought you might be. Proves there are a few memories left between the ears. I hope the moderator will excuse this excursion from the purpose of this board, but that meeting in Minneapolis was a long time ago…1994!

I had the artist airbrush a copy of that painting for me also, and it hangs in my living room together with several other great paintings. As you know, Herky, Chet Sluder, and several others at that reunion have made their last flight. George Novotny does not answer his Emails so I worry about his health. There are now 4 aces still alive from the 27 we had. I keep more than busy but enjoy all the great information posted on this and the other boards of this site. I am truly amazed at the answers that appear here.

Barrie Davis (an ace) and I are in reasonable health, one other ace has been hanging on for many years but unable to participate in any activities, and George who has become difficult to contact are all that are left. Our last reunion (Des Moines) consisted of 18 people. Several were spouses, sons or grandsons escorting one of us former fighter pilots. Nothing like the Minneapolis reunion. We next meet in Portland, OR but we may be getting to the point of no return on attendance numbers and as many other fighter groups have done, we may also have to terminate ours too.

My best wishes to you and your family,

Cordially, Art Fiedler
Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:16.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2004 - 2026, 12oclockhigh.net